Home

Offline player support

This is a discussion on Offline player support within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2020, 09:59 AM   #1
Banned

Irish0331's Arena

OVR: 0
Offline player support

The offline base may not be as big as the online base, but we're just as rabid about this game. I don't see another thread on this, so maybe people who spend time offline playing can voice their support/concerns here.

I have 2 items.

1) Offline CAF editing. In UFC 3 we had full control. We could adjust all stats, moves, attributes etc. The understanding now is that we cannot. Working off of 12 preset templates vs being able to build a fighter from top to bottom is a giant step backwards. Please allow us the ability to have full control over our offline CAF's again.

2) CAF slots. 1.83 is the number of fighters we can create per weight class (assuming all 12 w/c will be represented) with 22 CAF slots. CAF slot increase requests has been something I've seen over and over with every new game. I'm trying really hard not make comparisons...but there are other sports and sports entertainment games that give their folks triple digit CAF slots. Please increase the amount of CAF slots.

I was encouraged to "make noise" about this in order to see change. So I'm asking for offline folks who are in agreeance to please speak up/show support/make suggestions for some changes. Online players, it'd be nice to get support from you folks who agree on these couple items too since we offliners threw support toward your caf in ranked concerns/petition.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2020, 10:16 AM   #2
Pro

LarsP's Arena

Re: Offline player support

I'm with you man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish0331
The offline base may not be as big as the online base, but we're just as rabid about this game.
While it feels this way, I've never seen the numbers to back this up. I even think EA has said that Career mode is their most played mode.
Old 07-15-2020, 10:27 AM   #3
Rookie

Edit: nvm got a definitive answer

Last edited by aibaL; 07-15-2020 at 10:46 AM.
Old 07-15-2020, 10:32 AM   #4
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

The offline player base is bigger than the online base and SIGNIFICANTLY bigger than the ranked player base per EA's own data.
Old 07-15-2020, 11:37 AM   #5
Banned

Irish0331's Arena

Wow, I guess I'm kinda shocked to hear that offline is such a huge part of the player base. Thanks for educating me.

In that case, c'mon EA....take care of us offliners!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2020, 12:35 PM   #6
Rookie

In what I have been doing in this forum and before being in it, through the EA UFC Facebook, I have said over and over that EA UFC has to add significantly its amount of CAF, minimum 100, although I would like this number could go up to 200 CAF, but they have never done anything, in the first game only 10, in the second and third game only 22 CAF, it is so difficult to be able to give us a joy? in other games as you say the figures can reach thousands of saved creations, and here with such a poor figure, that as you say it does not even reach 2 fighters created by weight category.

But now on top of this rumor that worries so much those of us who like to play with our creations, and that is to think that not being able to modify the statistics of our creations would be terrible for me, if this happens offline, it would totally end my way To play this game, which is nothing else than to do tournaments, events or just a quick game with my family and friends offline, another thing I heard is that I could not modify the weight of my created fighter, all this I have very worried

I hope it is only online, since honestly, putting CAF online doesn't affect me at all, since I don't play it, but I support everyone who doesn't want it, or wants a separate classification.

I hope EA realizes that making those changes would hurt a huge fan base for this game greatly
Old 07-15-2020, 01:45 PM   #7
Banned

Irish0331's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leiqueros
In what I have been doing in this forum and before being in it, through the EA UFC Facebook, I have said over and over that EA UFC has to add significantly its amount of CAF, minimum 100, although I would like this number could go up to 200 CAF, but they have never done anything, in the first game only 10, in the second and third game only 22 CAF, it is so difficult to be able to give us a joy? in other games as you say the figures can reach thousands of saved creations, and here with such a poor figure, that as you say it does not even reach 2 fighters created by weight category.

But now on top of this rumor that worries so much those of us who like to play with our creations, and that is to think that not being able to modify the statistics of our creations would be terrible for me, if this happens offline, it would totally end my way To play this game, which is nothing else than to do tournaments, events or just a quick game with my family and friends offline, another thing I heard is that I could not modify the weight of my created fighter, all this I have very worried

I hope it is only online, since honestly, putting CAF online doesn't affect me at all, since I don't play it, but I support everyone who doesn't want it, or wants a separate classification.

I hope EA realizes that making those changes would hurt a huge fan base for this game greatly

Agreed. The inability to be 100% in control of your offline CAF baffles me. I mean, it's been 2.5 years right? Improving. Building. Moving forward. Why step backwards on something that's already established? The rationale I keep going back to in my head is that there has to be a correlation between this and CAF in ranked. So maybe if they CAF in ranked goes, we'll get control.

As far as CAF slots I can't imagine that they'd be some bank breaking/space taking monster. I've never tried to do it, but I guess theres a work around by creating a second/third/fourth console acct. Each new acct gets 22 more slots. That's messy, un-fun and detroys a sense of immersion. Plus cafs under diff accts will never be able to square off.

It's genuinely disappointing to hear 22 and no full range on our cafs. We're not talking breaking down and rebuilding anything here that some folks will love and others will loathe (I know not everyone will be happy no matter how awesome this games turns out to be)….we're talking about letting us do what we've already been able to (caf creation) and just copying whats already already there and doubling/tripling/quadrupling up on it (caf slots).
Old 07-15-2020, 01:54 PM   #8
Rookie

It would seem stupid, but the first thing I did when I had my first copy of UFC 3 when I bought it, was to quickly create a fighter without great intentions and check how many more I could save, my disappointment was huge when we saw that we only continued with 22 😟

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »