Home

New career mode details

This is a discussion on New career mode details within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2020, 09:25 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
New career mode details

https://realsport101.com/ufc/ufc-4-c...w-brian-hayes/

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2020, 09:37 AM   #2
Pro

LarsP's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: New career mode details

It seems they have improved it a little, but the fact it's still the same 'forced GOAT' format is a really big mistake imo.
Old 07-24-2020, 09:50 AM   #3
MVP

I don't expect career mode anymore. Every career mode ea made is really bad. Fifa, Madden, UFC... all of them.
Old 07-24-2020, 09:51 AM   #4
Banned

Irish0331's Arena

In short....you can decline fights in career mode now. Be careful, decline too many offers and you may get sent packing by the UFC. Also, your in fight game plan and what moves you work on in practice will have an impact in your fighters evolution/attribute improvement.

These sound like legit good improvements. I've never played thru a career mode more than once in any MMA game...4 sounds like it may be the first one (so long as i'm not facing boring scenarios again...like fighting Jim Smith for the 6th time at 48 years old.)

Last edited by Irish0331; 07-24-2020 at 09:55 AM.
Old 07-24-2020, 09:53 AM   #5
Pro

LarsP's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish0331
In short....you can decline fights in career mode now. Be careful, decline too many offers and you may get sent packing by the UFC. Also, your in fight game plan and what moves you work on in practice will have an impact in your fighters evolution.

These sound like legit good improvements. I've never played thru a career mode more than once in any MMA game...4 sounds like it may be the first one (so long as i'm not fighting Jim Smith for the 6th time are 48 years old.)
I also hated the fact that you'd be defending your title against guys with losing records, consistently.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2020, 09:55 AM   #6
MVP

I'd recommend watching a full Career Mode playthrough by Martial Mind or another YouTuber before purchasing based on this. If there's any kind of replayability that's worth its salt, not much if anything will be spoiled for you as things will play out differently for you. And if there isn't...well then you will have informed yourself and put yourself in a better position when it comes to buying/not buying the game, instead of pre-ordering only to feel disappointed.

Oh, and in UFC 3 you generally weren't forced to face anyone. You had 3 options, meaning you could avoid people you didn't want to fight. You only had to face your rival after a certain amount of fights. So think about if that's really a change and if it is, if it's any real improvement at all.

Last edited by Kingslayer04; 07-24-2020 at 09:58 AM.
Old 07-24-2020, 10:07 AM   #7
MVP

The fact is that there is no decreasing physical abilities when we are 40 years old in Career mode. How good physical stats and appearance would be changed with fighters age.
Old 07-24-2020, 10:31 AM   #8
Rookie

What can't wait to try out is new improvement of ranked

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »