Home

Have you gotten used to the new kick controls?

This is a discussion on Have you gotten used to the new kick controls? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2020, 02:50 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Have you gotten used to the new kick controls?

I was always really good with fighters with special kicks like spin kicks/side kicks and I still haven't gotten used to the controls. Anyone else struggling with this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2020, 03:33 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Have you gotten used to the new kick controls?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremeba1000
I was always really good with fighters with special kicks like spin kicks/side kicks and I still haven't gotten used to the controls. Anyone else struggling with this?
I understand it now, but I really don't like it. One of the easiest things to understand about UFC 3 was that each of the face buttons was mapped to one of the limbs. circle > right leg, x > left leg, triangle > right hand, square > left hand. That applied for every strike.

For some reason that's been thrown out of the window and replaced with a short/long press strike system. It's over-simplified the controls to reach an over-complicated result. Now holding when doing a rear right kick to the body from orthodox gives you a lead switch kick to the body.

It just doesn't make sense
Old 08-07-2020, 03:43 PM   #3
Pro

Wait I’m confused.. what is different about the kicking? I see the post above but that confused me a little to be honest. If you hold a rear leg kick it does a switch kick with lead leg?
Old 08-07-2020, 04:08 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KumarKing123
I understand it now, but I really don't like it. One of the easiest things to understand about UFC 3 was that each of the face buttons was mapped to one of the limbs. circle > right leg, x > left leg, triangle > right hand, square > left hand. That applied for every strike.

For some reason that's been thrown out of the window and replaced with a short/long press strike system. It's over-simplified the controls to reach an over-complicated result. Now holding when doing a rear right kick to the body from orthodox gives you a lead switch kick to the body.

Yeah I really can't figure it out

X was always left kick and circle was right kick

Now is it circle is always lead kick or X is always trailing or something?
Old 08-07-2020, 04:08 PM   #5
Pro

for some reason rear spin kicks to the head are L1/B R1/B and the rear punch button. Also some fighters have kicks on their move list that they don't actually have. I went into practice mode with Vitor and he could only do of the 4 spin kicks he had in his move set
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2020, 04:11 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by KumarKing123

This is exactly what I'm talking about. It feels weird pressing a punch button to throw a kick or use the opposite side button to throw the switch kick
Old 08-07-2020, 05:12 PM   #7
Rookie

It makes it a lot harder to pull of combos with the kicks consistently but maybe it’s because I haven’t gotten used to it. Also the new spinning heel kick animation doesn’t look right

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-07-2020, 06:55 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremeba1000
Controls are a mess it ruins the game. Tap controls do not work. Way to easy to go for a takedown instead of a body shot.

Give us legacy controls

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »