Home

Career mode is still STATIC! Here are my top complaints. What are yours?

This is a discussion on Career mode is still STATIC! Here are my top complaints. What are yours? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2020, 05:49 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Career mode is still STATIC! Here are my top complaints. What are yours?

The cpu divisions are STATIC......Meaning UFC Fighters never get cut to the WFA and they can not change weight classes.....How does it makes sense to have that as a feature for ONLY the player.....What if I had a Welterweight belt and the lightweight champ came up to challenge for MY belt......the Cpu will never change weight classes which is a shame because that would spice up the divisions

My biggest gripe is we have all these awesome legendary Fighters and NONE of them appear as possible opponents in Career....How awesome would it be to fight GSP at Welterweight.....In Fight Night Champion ypu could pick your opponent pool why in the hell after 4 games can we not do that now?....Seriously, what a waste of awesome cpu opponents in Career......At least make this a toggleable option for those that want Legenda in our Careers

For the love of everything that is holy please let me turn off those giant notifications in the middle of a fight that tell me when I am injured or when I rank up a move....they cover up the action and are so arcadey

Please let me turn off Coach Davis in my corner and just get a random cornerman....My goodness is he silly

Please add more Refs we have 1 less than last game!

Bring back simple subs! You can not even enjoy the sub anination because the mini games take up the ENTIRE screen!

For the love of realism add draws and doctor stoppages as a TOGGLEABLE option for OFFLINE AND CAREER modes only! Why punish offline players because it does not make sense for competitive online.....How cool would it be to open a cut and work it until the fight gets stopped

My goodness can we add ai Taunts already.....Have this cool Rivalry system and dammit if I am in a Rivalry with cpu Diaz and I taunt him mid match I expect to get flicked off and Stockton slapped....Even the crowd reacts to taunts which is awesome so let the ai taunt me!

I wish I had the option to skip the amateurs and go to the wfa instead of skipping directly to the ufc with an 0-0 record.....I also want to skip the opening amateur fight....Do not make me play that every damn Career for crying out loud!

The Coach Davis guy looks so silly when you get into the UFC and he is your Coach and when he is in your corner he is not even wearing reebok gear

Playing Career as a Roster fighter sucks....If you pick an older fighter they retain their age.....They get none of their move sets either....played as GSP in 1 and Bobby Green in another and they had the same starting move sets

Also, you can not even edit Roster Fighters sparring atire and my goodness to you spend forever sparring

Learning moves behind fighters SUCKS.....The only way to play Career with a challenge is Legendary and you get no restarts.....They need a difficulty inbetween Hard and Legendary.....When you start out with no subs hardly and you try to learn one if you do not get the sub right away you are screwed and since they made it so expensive on Legendary difficulty this makes learning new moves especially subs very hard....

If you decide to stay in the WFA you will NEVER learn any new moves as most are locked behind the UFC....Let me just pay for moved we spend enough time sparring already

On the bright side the new injury system and how they do stat decay and management with it along with how to upgrade moves by using them is top notch.

What do you guys think about Career mode?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2020, 05:58 AM   #2
MVP

Re: Career mode is still STATIC! Here are my top complaints. What are yours?

Actual press conference and Weight inn. are my priority. not just cut-scene. Hopefully they will make these features in EA UFC5.
Old 08-08-2020, 06:32 AM   #3
Pro

They are not as static as in UFC3. Different fighters will - sometimes surprisingly - become champion. They will also retire (some sooner than later), which is not always a good thing but welcome regardless.

But overall the mode has improved. There is some aspect of choice at least. You can train with a real fighter if you just invite him over to learn a move, then NOT learn it so you can invite him in the future. It's not the way it's meant to be played but due to the organic progression, which is the best thing about career, it doesn't really matter what the sparring session is. You'll gain skills at the same rate given the invite fighter session is 5 minutes insteed of 2 minutes with a specific skill boost.

Progression seems still very linear. You start off with 3 or 4 practice fights that you'll always win. After that you either take up the opportunity for DWCS or move to the WFA, where you'll be prompted twice to get the shot. When you hit about 10 fights you get to go immediately to the UFC. Sure, you can stay in WFA but it's pretty boring there so it's only for immersion's sake and that cool-looking gear.

You criticise the game for too much sparring? I just want to fight and like the immersion of training so it 100% beats selection stupid menu options for training like in UFC3. However, simming training seems to be dangerous with injuries happening more frequently.

The rivalry system so far seems flawed. I made some rivals but you never see them again and have no option to call them out. I got a prompt about a guaranteed fight but so far nothing happened. So the ONLY thing about this system is that it reduces the cost of learning moves, which is pretty moronic as it's the only way in-game to spend money so you'll never run out.

During loading you get to see animated scenes of meaningful events in the UFC. Who asked for that stuff? Either show us the real footage or show meaningful moments of MY character. 95% of the fighters shows you will not interact with at all, so why does it matter?

For now the "stream sparring session" activity seems a bad choice. Unless you throw flashy strikes you will lose 2 to 5 hype, which is very significant. Even if you gain viewers and are not getting hit you will lose fans. So never take that option, it doesn't seem balanced. Other than that career on "hard" is very easy for returning players. I got my 3 main stats to 5 stars before I even got in the WFA. I didn't want to start "legendary" because I kept getting owned in the clinching, but when the game drops I'll restart on that difficulty to make it more interesting. I want to lose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tissues250
Actual press conference and Weight inn. are my priority. not just cut-scene. Hopefully they will make these features in EA UFC5.
No man, they should add it in here. They already made the animations and done all the work in UFC 3 ffs. At least you seem to see it a little more often, but in that lame 'social media' format.

Last edited by Blackman316; 08-08-2020 at 06:41 AM.
Old 08-08-2020, 03:31 PM   #4
Rookie

FunGaming44's Arena

Not much more to add to what was said by ERSports, I too would love to jump straight into the WFA instead of the amateur fighting intro, hate itthat when you skip you go straight to UFC, a choice would be great also indeed let us get new moves when in the WFA.
Old 08-08-2020, 05:42 PM   #5
Rookie

My only complaint is that opening is backwards--you chose between Boxing/Kickboxing/Wrestling/BJJ AND THEN do the tutorial fights. I picked Wrestler but did not know how bad the striking and submission skills would be in those parking lot fights. As fun as it was to walk up to guys and slam them at will, I would have much rather had a guy with 1.5 stars in everything that could get some finishes--between my sluggish weak striking and generally incompetence at the game, I only managed one third-round knockout and three decision wins.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2020, 06:46 PM   #6
Banned

I like career mode, it's a great step up from UFC 3, imo. More interactive and stuff. The coach is dope, seems more balanced and realistic also.
Old 08-08-2020, 06:50 PM   #7
Rookie

It’s certainly better than the career from previous games, but there are still many issues.

The thing that has been annoying me most is how slow some of the progression through the ranks seems to be. I’m currently 14-2, on a 7 fight win streak in the UFC, and they still haven’t given me a ranked opponent. Every fight is against an un ranked opponent despite me getting a finish in every fight I win. The commentary keeps saying stuff like “he’s sure to get a top 10 opponent with a win here!”. They were saying that 3 fights ago, and I’m still getting unranked fight offers. It’s a pain.
Old 08-08-2020, 06:52 PM   #8
Pro

Im still working my way through but so far it basically feels the same, wont hold judgement yet though

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »