Home

Enhanced gameplay on PS4 Pro

This is a discussion on Enhanced gameplay on PS4 Pro within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2020, 07:39 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Enhanced gameplay on PS4 Pro

The description for UFC 4 on the PS Store states "enhanced game play on PS4 Pro console".

As someone who plays on the launch PS4 (or close to it anyway), what am I missing out on exactly?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2020, 08:50 AM   #2
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

Re: Enhanced gameplay on PS4 Pro

60fps in an online game that gives you a major advantage over 30fps players.

Something that Sony stated they would never allow, but did anyways, since EA SPORTS UFC 3.
Old 08-14-2020, 12:38 PM   #3
Rookie

lahonda's Arena

As i know thats not true buddy.
As for ufc3 it was locked in online.
It just for offline modes. I will try to reach out to a big youtuber that analysis that stuff to get his expertise.

Im having always big issues queing my combos then 90% of the opponents have >160ms ping and that reeeeally sucks.

Imagine if you push jab and the time between the input and execution is like a overhook.
Old 08-14-2020, 01:20 PM   #4
Pro

TheUFCVeteran's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by manliest_Man
60fps in an online game that gives you a major advantage over 30fps players.

Something that Sony stated they would never allow, but did anyways, since EA SPORTS UFC 3.
Wasn’t a true 60 fps, the inputs were still tied to 30 fps. It did look a lot smoother but it still felt super clunky and delayed. 4 on the other hand is so much more responsive. It actually feels like a true 60, but I’ve been reading that it’s 30 on base PS4, and it’s not possible for it to be a true 60 on enhanced consoles and 30 on the base system. If it is, it must’ve slipped by Sony somehow.
Old 08-14-2020, 08:13 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUFCVeteran
Wasn’t a true 60 fps, the inputs were still tied to 30 fps. It did look a lot smoother but it still felt super clunky and delayed. 4 on the other hand is so much more responsive. It actually feels like a true 60, but I’ve been reading that it’s 30 on base PS4, and it’s not possible for it to be a true 60 on enhanced consoles and 30 on the base system. If it is, it must’ve slipped by Sony somehow.
even if it's rendered at 30 regardless, having literally double the framerate makes it immensely better to identify specific animations. It's a really massive advantage.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2020, 12:24 PM   #6
Rookie

I'll wait until it's released on the PS5 if that's the case.
Old 08-15-2020, 02:33 PM   #7
Pro

TheUFCVeteran's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scare_Crow_Arcana
even if it's rendered at 30 regardless, having literally double the framerate makes it immensely better to identify specific animations. It's a really massive advantage.
Ehh... I don't think it's as big as an advantage as some make out. I played UFC 3 on the base PS4 after 2 years of playing it on the Pro and it only took me a few games to adjust, then I was right back in the swing of things. I didn't feel much of a difference in terms of my performance, at least.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »