Home

The Fall of EA Sports

This is a discussion on The Fall of EA Sports within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2020, 12:51 AM   #1
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

OVR: 0
The Fall of EA Sports

An intresting video criticizing the EA Sports Franchise as a whole and shows how all of their titles have been simillarly affected.

"A company once known for having everything in the game, became known, more for what was removed or no longer in the game."

Worth a watch from the beginning till the end, has a bunch of short interviews from former EA Employees and even the founder of EA, Trip Hawkins in it:

At 34:29 a Former EA Sports Nascar Employee speaks on an Issue, that I personally believe is the main reason we are seeing this drop in quality in the UFC series:

"EA is Entry Level in the Industry. They are bringing people in who just want to build a resume for themselves. If you are starting out and want to get an entry level programming position at EA, just to build a resume for 2-3 years, while it's great for the individual, they may not have the expertise of dealing with code that's years old and cannot make meaningful changes, no matter what is coming down from a designer. "

Last edited by manliest_Man; 08-17-2020 at 01:01 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2020, 12:52 AM   #2
Rookie

west coast offense's Arena

Re: The Fall of EA Sports

I haved lived through every second the good and the bad.
Old 08-17-2020, 01:05 AM   #3
Rookie

ea need a wake up call, people should start refunding this game, i already have. ea doesnt deserve the dedicate fans its had with the ufc series
Old 08-17-2020, 04:09 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsoreswine1994
ea need a wake up call, people should start refunding this game, i already have. ea doesnt deserve the dedicate fans its had with the ufc series
After a few nights with ufc 4 Im done. It will never be a sim and it will never be balanced. I have have never asked for a refund before but im gonna save my sanity by refunding this spamfest of a game.
Old 08-17-2020, 07:10 AM   #5
Rookie

Best ufc game to date
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2020, 07:52 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel8pig
After a few nights with ufc 4 Im done. It will never be a sim and it will never be balanced. I have have never asked for a refund before but im gonna save my sanity by refunding this spamfest of a game.
you can get one buy claiming the product doesnt work in regards to the ranked online bug. i spent an hour on the phone today telling them i havent been able to have one fight on ranked due to the shadow glitch (which is true) after reinstalling the game and trying everything. they asked me to send them a screenshot of the bug and they would get into contact with the devs and refund me. they will try and tell you if might get fixed with a patch but you have a right to a refund if it doesnt work. i recomend everyone here does the same, ufc 3 is better in so many ways anyway. if they fix there game in a year and improve things maybe ill look at re purchasing but i doubt it.
Old 08-17-2020, 09:37 AM   #7
Rookie

I was going to buy this game when it goes on sale but after playing at my friends house for 2 hours its sad to say this will be the first ufc game I will not be buying. Career mode is extremely repetitive and boring, striking feels laggy and soft, knockouts look terrible, theres no such thing as a tko, no elbows or hammerfists from postured up position, no ref interaction and out of all the ridiculous outfits and gloves you can fight with not one martial arts gi or pair of boxing gloves. Ea has made this sport into a bad joke. Please give this game to another developer so we can get a proper mma game. My friend seem to think that Ea doesn't want to renew there contract with ufc It makes sense being this is the game they put out for there last year under contract.
Old 08-17-2020, 10:08 AM   #8
Banned

Irish0331's Arena

This has really been a bummer.

Yes, there have definitely improvements in the game...but at the expense of other things that were already there? New clinch entry/exit=awesome! But now all the clinch fighting we could do is gone?

I dunno man. It really feels like there was no intention to really make this game great.

Just basic attn to detail...look when youre creating a fighter. C'mon...no first names still? At least now theres an index on names and "fighting out of" so you dont have to scroll through 200 choices. But thats not the case with the humongous amount of choices for walkout song entry. Those teeny tiny basically insignificant little things actually speak volumes.

The create a fighter face templates, body types, the tattoos....it's all cut and paste!! WTF were you doing for 2.5 years?

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »