Home

Getting banned in the past for criticism of Madden is what brought us to #nfldropea.

This is a discussion on Getting banned in the past for criticism of Madden is what brought us to #nfldropea. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2020, 07:59 AM   #1
MVP

tsbmolina's Arena

OVR: 2
Getting banned in the past for criticism of Madden is what brought us to #nfldropea.

Between the EA devs not listening to us fans forever, Operationsports at one time or another banning people or locking threads when we voiced our displeasure about Madden because it was construed as bashing, and the inflated review scores from publications for the better part of the past 15 years since the exclusive license, has led to this abysmal so-called simulation football game called Madden 21. The same Madden 21 that has a 0.4 user metacritic score from nearly 1700 user reviews. If only the EA Sports devs listened and the OP forum administrators let us voice our concerns without being censored, we wouldn't be where we are at today. I hope this will be a lesson learned for the NFL and EA and easily should prove to be the biggest reason why the exclusive simulation license should no longer be exclusive.

Last edited by tsbmolina; 08-31-2020 at 08:01 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2020, 08:21 AM   #2
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Getting banned in the past for criticism of Madden is what brought us to #nfldrop

That was a long time ago m8, and OS had very real incentive to keep things more controlled: EA people posted here regularly. That kind of interaction is worth banning people who can't control their anger.

Now, the community mostly drove them away - which is also why "voicing our concerns" didn't have much to do with the negative state of the game. And in fact, OS's forums actually improved the game. How do you think Dustin Smith got a job there? By posting his uniform and equipment insights, which they noticed, because they were here. Say what you want about equipment and uniforms, but it's WAY and I mean WAY better than it was ten years ago. What "Ratings Adjustin Smith," formerly Equipment Guru and Shooter McGavin has accomplished is very important. The guy almost single handedly made equipment and uniforms respectable. I don't know how much of that he does now, but that takes away nothing of what he's done.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.

Last edited by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞; 08-31-2020 at 08:25 AM.
Old 08-31-2020, 08:27 AM   #3
MVP

SeaTownGamer's Arena

Re: Getting banned in the past for criticism of Madden is what brought us to #nfldrop

I most definitely didn’t like how mods were banning members for voicing their frustrations. I always had a vibe OS wore a cape for Madden and I didn’t like it. The mods were quick to lock up threads that were worthy of a discussion and in some cases make members look foolish for their reason of locking the thread like we’re peasants not worthy of expressing our views.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-31-2020, 08:43 AM   #4
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
That was a long time ago m8
No, it's been as recent as this year unfortunately. However, the mods/admins have been noticeably more lenient in recent weeks, letting people vent and settle their differences. I applaud it.
Old 08-31-2020, 08:53 AM   #5
Rookie

Sales is the only thing that matters. Not the people that purchased the game & still complains anyway. You ALREADY GAVE EA YOUR MONEY & THIS IS ALL THEY CARE ABOUT. YOU HAVE NO RIGHT COMPLAINING IF YOU PURCHASED THIS GAME KNOWING HOW IT WOULD BE. If this game still sells well because people BROUGHT IT ANYWAY nothing will change as EA DOES NOT CARE they got your money ANYWAY

EA IS NOT EVEN STUPID ONES HERE. THEY KNOW A LARGE CROWD WILL NO MATTER WHAT BUY THEIR PRODUCTS. THE CUSTOMERS THAT STILL PURCHASED THE GAME & ARE STILL COMPLAINING ABOUT IT ARE THE STUPID ONES

Last edited by TheRandomOne; 08-31-2020 at 08:56 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2020, 09:05 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRandomOne
YOU HAVE NO RIGHT COMPLAINING IF YOU PURCHASED THIS GAME KNOWING HOW IT WOULD BE.
While I generally agree that consumers should be more aware of the product they are buying, it’s ridiculous to suggest that paying customers don’t have every right to express their displeasure. Especially when the company creating the product, in this case EA, has an established track record of lying about the upcoming product.

Like, do paying customers not even have the right to complain about the many horrible bugs in the game? Or do you think that should not be allowed?
Old 08-31-2020, 09:20 AM   #7

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

I want to make this crystal clear so it's understood about us. There has never, EVER, been a time Steve or Millennium has told us how to moderate the site regarding a direction. What I mean, is we've never been told to censor negative conversation regarding any game. I'm not aware of any incentive we have to do so (meaning if it exists, it doesn't spread to the moderators).

It was mentioned above and it's 100% accurate that the only rule we've always had is that bashing of developers has never been allowed as it's not helpful. They did used to come here actively and we did our best to continue to have an environment to come to but we didn't even do enough to promote that so I think it's pretty unfair to say we've gone over the top with banning/closing thread.

We've always asked for mature, healthy discussion that has some productivity to it. More often than not, when someone is over the top mad about the game, that tends to come out in their posts and threads.

It doesn't bother me that you think OS moderation had a hand in how Madden got to where it is today but in my opinion it is not an accurate opinion. We've had many threads where the overall connotation of the thread is negative that we've kept open and even participated in (in case you were wondering, it is NOT a requirement to be a Madden fan to be a mod).

There is even one open right now.

All we've ever asked for is mature discussion which hasn't always happened. Without naming names, there are posters here who know who they are who have been extremely vocal with complaints and they are still here today. You know why? They know how to express themselves very articulately.

It really is okay to hate the game, that's isn't against the TOS. Being a dick is.
Old 08-31-2020, 09:27 AM   #8
Pro

I've seen this a million times. Someone posts 'I bleeping hate this bleeping game. Bleep EA you bleeping bleepers" then they later go "well, gee... all I did was offer criticism" when they are banned or whatever.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »