Home

Prime Example of Stamina Issue (feat. Ngannou)

This is a discussion on Prime Example of Stamina Issue (feat. Ngannou) within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2020, 11:19 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Prime Example of Stamina Issue (feat. Ngannou)

Let me start by saying that I’m enjoying UFC 4 in a lot of ways, namely when fighting the AI. Offline play can yield some good and pretty realistic fights.

However, online there is a huge issue that is being talked about by a lot of people, and for good reason. And that is the stamina issue.

I’ve not really wanted to post about this because other people already have, but every time I hop online to play some ranked, I am painfully reminded of how broken and unrealistic the play is due to the lack of proper stamina taxes.

For example, today I played against a guy who used Ngannou. He threw 130 strikes in the first round (!) and still had pretty decent stamina entering round 2. Ngannou, in real life, famously gassed after throwing a whopping 62 punches in the first round against Miocic.

This issue causes a serious problem in both realism and fighter uniqueness. With no penalty for throwing so many punches, someone playing as Ngannou is incentivized to fight like Max Holloway. I get wanting to make it more casual-friendly, but as a sports sim that’s just an atrocity. Why don’t the 2K guys make Shaq a lights out 3 point shooter and let you do 360 dunks with Steph Curry because it’s more fun.

Please, please fix this issue. The game has so much potential that is brought down by these fatal flaws.

IMG_0998.jpgIMG_0997.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2020, 01:26 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Prime Example of Stamina Issue (feat. Ngannou)

I think the issue is that if you don't fight similarly to that with Ngannou you're unlikely to finish the fight due to a lack of damage in the stand up. Both stamina and damage need to be tweaked currently.
Old 09-07-2020, 02:09 AM   #3
Rookie

The stamina in this game is terrible.Theres not much thing as fighting smart.It kills it for me
Old 09-07-2020, 12:33 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_Walsh_77
The stamina in this game is terrible.Theres not much thing as fighting smart.It kills it for me
Can’t kill it that much for you man.... you do have over 400 quick match fights in. Someone just keeps coming back for more and more
Old 09-07-2020, 12:56 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurkeyOfJive
I think the issue is that if you don't fight similarly to that with Ngannou you're unlikely to finish the fight due to a lack of damage in the stand up. Both stamina and damage need to be tweaked currently.
Yes agree totally! The game forces you to be ultra aggresive to rack up cumulative damage
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2020, 01:56 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSierraNevada
Can’t kill it that much for you man.... you do have over 400 quick match fights in. Someone just keeps coming back for more and more
Trying to learn the meta.When you get to the higher levels thats what its all about.

I have spurts of high moments ,then really low moments.I'm honestly trying to have fun with the game,its only been out for a month.Plus i just have a love for MMA like anyone else.

But we want a sim.If i had to drop the game just to prove that i would,and i know im not the only one either.
Old 09-07-2020, 05:58 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_Walsh_77
But we want a sim.If i had to drop the game just to prove that i would,and i know im not the only one either.
I’m confused by this statement. Are you saying if you had to drop the game to prove that you want a sim mma game then you would? And if that’s the case why did you buy the game knowing it was not a sim game? Just curious where your mindset is at with it
Old 09-07-2020, 10:56 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Waterboy92
I’m confused by this statement. Are you saying if you had to drop the game to prove that you want a sim mma game then you would? And if that’s the case why did you buy the game knowing it was not a sim game? Just curious where your mindset is at with it
Yes i would 100 percent would.Sure i guess it proves nothing cause i already bought it,but i game share with my buddy.I bought it in hope that would be a improvement from 3.

Its really wishful thinking at this point asking for a sim MMA game.I just thought thats what EA was known for.I mean i guess they were when EA was first around.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »