Home

Old 09-09-2020, 09:55 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 4
Xbox?

Any word on an announcement regarding the Show coming to XBOX, I'm somewhat tempted to move over to it. I know the possibility is now there, it would help if they would go ahead an announce 2021 is multi-platform officially.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2020, 10:15 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Xbox?

Maybe if they did you could finally play the game in 4 k.
Old 09-09-2020, 10:17 AM   #3
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafsfan67
Maybe if they did you could finally play the game in 4 k.

You can already do that. Quit trolling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-09-2020, 10:28 AM   #4
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamj2281
Any word on an announcement regarding the Show coming to XBOX, I'm somewhat tempted to move over to it. I know the possibility is now there, it would help if they would go ahead an announce 2021 is multi-platform officially.
No official announcement yet, but typically we learn more about the next version of the game around/shortly after the World Series, so I would expect to know what platforms MLB '21 is releasing on then.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 09-09-2020, 12:06 PM   #5
MVP

Archie56's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
You can already do that. Quit trolling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
While it's true that you can, you can't do it with a quality frame rate.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2020, 12:33 PM   #6
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

Any particular reason why you're considering the swap? I'm not defending PS5, I'm just seeing a lot of misinformation and misplaced hype over the next console generation.

If you prefer the games on Xbox, I get it. If your friends are on Xbox, I get it (though hopefully cross-platform becomes even more of a thing and that issue goes away). Heck, even if you prefer staggered thumbsticks, I get it.

It's the "Xbox will be more powerful" crowd that I don't get. Yes, on paper Xbox has slightly better hardware. Keyword is slightly. There is so little difference that developer optimizations could make more of a difference. There is not nearly enough justification to swap environments, especially if you bought into PlayStation initially for the games they make.

Swapping environments comes at a cost to you as well, as you'll lose access to your old games on the new generation. It's really not worth it for such a marginal increase in hardware.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-09-2020, 01:06 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarmWind
Any particular reason why you're considering the swap? I'm not defending PS5, I'm just seeing a lot of misinformation and misplaced hype over the next console generation.

If you prefer the games on Xbox, I get it. If your friends are on Xbox, I get it (though hopefully cross-platform becomes even more of a thing and that issue goes away). Heck, even if you prefer staggered thumbsticks, I get it.

It's the "Xbox will be more powerful" crowd that I don't get. Yes, on paper Xbox has slightly better hardware. Keyword is slightly. There is so little difference that developer optimizations could make more of a difference. There is not nearly enough justification to swap environments, especially if you bought into PlayStation initially for the games they make.

Swapping environments comes at a cost to you as well, as you'll lose access to your old games on the new generation. It's really not worth it for such a marginal increase in hardware.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Operation Sports mobile app
Yeah, totally agree on all points. I have a few more friends on XBox, but to be honest, with a job, wife, and a ton of other hobbies, it's probably going to be rare those times link up. Mainly just curiosity, I'll more than likely stick with PS5 based on the reasons above. I've had every Playstation since the first, I did go the XBox 360 route until it got TROD, then right back to Playstation.
Old 09-09-2020, 01:11 PM   #8
MVP

Archie56's Arena

I'm gonna be one of those weirdos that picks up MLB The Show 21 on both PS5 and Series X. I just want to see the differences in performance, and I also want to have a good baseball game to play on xbox again. I admit, it'll be weird playing The Show on a Xbox

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »