Home

Holding Onto Hope For This Game...

This is a discussion on Holding Onto Hope For This Game... within the Maximum Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Maximum Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2020, 10:15 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Holding Onto Hope For This Game...

I really hope that this game maintains 'traction' and develops into the football game that many of us are waiting for...

I recently "kicked" my PS4 console to the storage room shelf as I hadn't turned it on in over a month (and I don't miss it...) The current state of sports gaming has completely deflated my desire to frequent the next gen gaming console as today's sports titles no longer offer anything close to what I am looking for... Sure, the graphics are fantastic but I am more about game play and the ability to mold the game into an experience that I DESIRE. A majority of the bigger named sports titles now try to force THEIR GAME PLAY on you...Because of this recent trend, most of my virtual sports gaming time is now spent playing older PC and PS2 sports titles...

I really hope that this title continues to build and that it is offered on the PC...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2020, 01:26 AM   #2
Video Game Dev

Spear's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Holding Onto Hope For This Game...

We make strides every year and I think our progress from Canadian Football 2017 shows that.

Check out our Instagram for some recent gameplay footage.

Join our Discord to learn more - https://discord.gg/v8aFWkmYMT!

http://www.varsityvideogame.com
https://www.spearinteractive.com
Old 09-10-2020, 08:41 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spear
We make strides every year and I think our progress from Canadian Football 2017 shows that.

Check out our Instagram for some recent gameplay footage.
You have done a great job with such limited resources. I see that your upcoming release will not be offered on PC and that is the ONLY reason that I will not be purchasing the game... if or when it becomes marketable enough to offer the game on the PC, I will be purchasing as soon as that happens...

Unfortunately, there just are not enough sports gamers that share my taste for realistic strategy based games that require minimal "user input" (button mashing) and DO NOT require spending more money on gimicky game modes...

Last edited by yount19; 09-10-2020 at 08:46 PM.
Old 09-13-2020, 11:08 AM   #4
Rookie

jakeywakey911's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by yount19
You have done a great job with such limited resources. I see that your upcoming release will not be offered on PC and that is the ONLY reason that I will not be purchasing the game... if or when it becomes marketable enough to offer the game on the PC, I will be purchasing as soon as that happens...

Unfortunately, there just are not enough sports gamers that share my taste for realistic strategy based games that require minimal "user input" (button mashing) and DO NOT require spending more money on gimicky game modes...

They are looking at a possible Q4 release of the game on PC. Go follow them on Discord and support in Patreon and you’ll see more about what they’ve discussed in regards to a PC port. But, the short answer for now is, they’re working on it and looking into it for this year.
Old 09-14-2020, 02:35 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

A pc release would be great. That would really open the game to modders for one. Especially if the dynasty infrastructure is already there, etc. I'm sure someone could replace stock uniforms and logos if desired. Now only need announcing imo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2020, 04:16 PM   #6
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

If it ever makes it to PC I will purchase it day 1.
Old 09-14-2020, 06:55 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'm there also, even if I have it on ps4. I've been kicking around the idea of an xbox series s or x. But I have a gaming pc and am thinking hook xbox controllers to it, if they have maximum on it that would be my main reason for keeping a console tbh.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Maximum Football »