Home

UFC 4 Metacritic

This is a discussion on UFC 4 Metacritic within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2020, 10:17 PM   #1
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

OVR: 0
UFC 4 Metacritic

UFC 4 went from a User-rated Metacritic score of just 4 right around release, to an abysmal 1.5 now.

16 positive ratings.
161 negative ratings.

UFC 3 has a score of 3.9
UFC 2 has a score of 5.8
UFC 1 has a score of 6.1

Why is it that the User score has been getting exponentially lower every release?

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports

Last edited by Haz____; 09-13-2020 at 10:23 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2020, 11:18 PM   #2
Banned

Re: UFC 4 Metacritic

Because we were ignored. They said no to cage seated. No to shuffle step. No to parries for straights. No to pride mode. No to a revamped ground system. No to fighters who should be in the game. Thats exactly why.
Old 09-14-2020, 12:04 AM   #3
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

I'll be honest with you. Ive seen nothing that shows that EA gives a **** about the Metacritic user score. Especially when there isnt any evidence that a low score effects sales in anyway.

Also, I think GPD or one of the devs stated recently this and it appears to be how other devs see it:

"And "The Last of Us 2" sas a user meta critic score of 5 and it's one of the top selling games of all time.

User ratings tell you how much free time the people you've pissed off with the game have to invest in trying to game the rating system. Nothing else.

I can guarantee you no one at EA or in the UFC is making any decisions based on metacritic user ratings.
"

Now I have heard they care about the critic user score.

Before anyone starts yelling at me or calling me an EA shill understand.....I dont give a **** about any of this......especially when a ton of people here who swore they weren't buying the game apparently bought it (Not directed at you Haz_. I dont know if you bought it or not).

I'm just telling people what EA has said on record.
Old 09-14-2020, 01:14 AM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I'll be honest with you. Ive seen nothing that shows that EA gives a **** about the Metacritic user score. Especially when there isnt any evidence that a low score effects sales in anyway.

Also, I think GPD or one of the devs stated recently this and it appears to be how other devs see it:

"And "The Last of Us 2" sas a user meta critic score of 5 and it's one of the top selling games of all time.

User ratings tell you how much free time the people you've pissed off with the game have to invest in trying to game the rating system. Nothing else.

I can guarantee you no one at EA or in the UFC is making any decisions based on metacritic user ratings.
"

Now I have heard they care about the critic user score.

Before anyone starts yelling at me or calling me an EA shill understand.....I dont give a **** about any of this......especially when a ton of people here who swore they weren't buying the game apparently bought it (Not directed at you Haz_. I dont know if you bought it or not).

I'm just telling people what EA has said on record.
Didn't buy it. Was gifted to me without my knowledge by my wife. It was too late to tell her to get me something else
Old 09-14-2020, 01:18 AM   #5
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1212headkick
Didn't buy it. Was gifted to me without my knowledge by my wife. It was too late to tell her to get me something else
LOL...stop lying. You couldve taken it back (I'm sure you will say she opened it for you). Dont feel bad though. You arent the only one. You are just one of the ones with the loudest mouth.

Anyway, moving on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2020, 02:21 AM   #6
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

Quote:
LOL...stop lying. You couldve taken it back (I'm sure you will say she opened it for you). Dont feel bad though. You arent the only one. You are just one of the ones with the loudest mouth.

Anyway, moving on.
Another version - he loves his wife. And don’t want to make her sad by rejecting/returning her present...
Old 09-14-2020, 02:38 AM   #7
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUGATA
Another version - he loves his wife. And don’t want to make her sad by rejecting/returning her present...

I’m not here to comment on anyone’s marriage. If I was in that situation, I would say “Thanks for this honey but I heard the game was really bad and I’m not going to play it anymore. Let’s take it back because I don’t want you giving that company our money.”

Sounds simple, right? I mean I’m in a healthy marriage where we communicate so my wife wouldn’t have an issue with that.

What I wouldn’t do is accept the “gift”, open it and then proceed to play it non stop since then while continuing to complain about the game on this site.

But that’s just me. Like I said, you guys on this forum are different. You hate play a game for months that was specifically not made for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 09-14-2020, 02:56 AM   #8
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

Quote:
I’m not here to comment on anyone’s marriage. If I was in that situation, I would say “Thanks for this honey but I heard the game was really bad and I’m not going to play it anymore. Let’s take it back because I don’t want you giving that company our money.”

Sounds simple, right? I mean I’m in a healthy marriage where we communicate so my wife wouldn’t have an issue with that.

What I wouldn’t do is accept the “gift”, open it and then proceed to play it non stop since then while continuing to complain about the game on this site.

But that’s just me. Like I said, you guys on this forum are different. You hate play a game for months that was specifically not made for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
We love UFC
We don’t have another alternative for UFC or MMA game
UFC4 (it seems) has changed its Hardcore vector to more arcadish in some aspects and removed some good things for nothing (no reason).

So, better to complain (constructive criticism) for to be heard by devs here or there than to do nothing.

Last edited by SUGATA; 09-14-2020 at 03:04 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »