Home

For Switch: Quick-N-Dirty 2020 Offseason MyLeague

This is a discussion on For Switch: Quick-N-Dirty 2020 Offseason MyLeague within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2020, 11:08 PM   #1
Pro

vetmin's Arena

OVR: 0
For Switch: Quick-N-Dirty 2020 Offseason MyLeague

For anyone who happens to be on Switch, I shared a MyLeague save that's a decent starting point for mocking a 2020 offseason:

Title: bitlyQND2020offszn (this title name links to this thread: http://bit.ly/QND2020offszn)
User: vetmin

My standpoint is that I don't want to fuss around with in-depth roster editing until we get the legit post-draft roster update, but I wouldn't mind goofing around in MyLeague in the meantime, so long as the roster construction is ballpark realistic. Some notes:
  • The MyLeague starts on day 1 of the season, so you should load it up, make all your offseason moves before playing or simming anything, then go ahead with your season.
  • Coaches are up to date, and I gave D'Antoni the 76ers, Ty Lue the Pels, Sam Cassell the Rockets, I forget who for the Pacers. Added face-scanned Byron Scott, George Karl, and some others to the candidate pool.
  • Schnaidt1's 2k20 contract / trade sliders are input, but I didn't bother with all the progression stuff.
  • I waived all players who are 2020 UFAs (and maybe 1 or 2 RFAs by accident, though it's nothing egregious; Bembry was one). For the waivers, I did the thing where you change their contract to a 2-Way before you waive them, so their contracts are no longer on the books, the 11-man roster minimum is bypassed, and they can immediately be signed like normal for any value (rather than being picked up off waivers at their default contract value).
  • I added 11 CAP rookies to the FA pool: Edwards, Avdija, Ball, Wiseman, Hayes, Okoro, Toppin, P. Williams, Vassell, Haliburton, Okongwu. Just have them sign with whoever you project them to. I used Gail Goodrich's face for Avdija, but the rest are mostly Da Infamous NY. With the exception of Ball & Avdija tendencies (from Da Infamous NY), the attributes / tendencies are simple Player DNA copy/pastes from their player comps, with some tweaks.
  • The picks are totally goofy in the default roster, so for this save I chose to give every team their picks back. If you make it to the 2021 offseason, just do any significant pick shenanigans manually (like sending MIN's 1st rounder to GSW if it's not in the top 3).
  • Jonathan Isaac is out for the year.
  • The draft class that's loaded is auto-generated. I'm working on a 2021 draft class. Might upload a version with just the top 10 or so guys within a week or two. (It would be loaded into the MyLeague file and you'd have to Save Draft Class from there and load it into your version of the MyLeague save if you want to use it, since 2kshare is still down for Switch).

I think that's it. Obviously adjust sliders and whatever else you want.

If CelticLG's roster is the "Attention to Detail" roster, this is more like the "Lack of Attention to Detail" roster, but at least it's not the default "Completely Bananas and Nonsensical" roster. My goal was only to get something to mess around with for a couple months that isn't completely from Neptune. You'll still have to mess around with the contracts a bit for RFAs and re-signing over the cap (since you won't have cap holds) -- so it assumes you follow the NBA and have a sense of what each team has to work with this offseason -- but this save is better than what you'd otherwise start with.

Hope someone else might also find it useful!

Last edited by vetmin; 09-25-2020 at 11:26 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »