Home

Very confused about the Stand up currently!

This is a discussion on Very confused about the Stand up currently! within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2020, 10:25 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Very confused about the Stand up currently!

Through all of the UFC games I have not felt like this till the last couple of days. Something has changed. I feel like I am just getting overwhelmed. I have always been able to strike a hundred or less strikes or even more and win. Right now I feel like my block gets broken so quick. I have never just held onto block either. I use movement and love to counter. Last few days I am just getting murdered. I refuse to punch non stop. I like to try to be patient and pick my shots. I feel like I can not do anything right now. If someone can give some good tips please do.

Last edited by bcelts; 09-29-2020 at 10:28 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2020, 02:02 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Very confused about the Stand up currently!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcelts
Through all of the UFC games I have not felt like this till the last couple of days. Something has changed. I feel like I am just getting overwhelmed. I have always been able to strike a hundred or less strikes or even more and win. Right now I feel like my block gets broken so quick. I have never just held onto block either. I use movement and love to counter. Last few days I am just getting murdered. I refuse to punch non stop. I like to try to be patient and pick my shots. I feel like I can not do anything right now. If someone can give some good tips please do.
I'm getting murdered by idiots too. I'm just struggling to have my fighter do what I input him to do.
I think I'm gonna stick with offline this time, it's getting infuriating

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-29-2020, 03:31 PM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcelts
Add me on Xbox 1. XtremeBA1000
If you were a good striker on UFC 3 you definitely relied on block more than you think.
Old 09-30-2020, 02:18 PM   #4
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

I like what they did with stamina and stopping power. Both of those changes are for the better. But as a whole, this update feels like a step backward.

Blocking needs to find a middle ground between where it was at pre-patch where it's at currently.

As much as I like the stamina and damage improvements, I don't think the mechanics of game were taken into proper consideration when making the adjustments. Nerfing the blocking to this point has made the game feel like much more of a crapshoot than it was before.

I believe movement and range should be the most important elements of defense. So just to be crystal clear, I don't want players to be able to camp the block button.

However, when considering the pinpoint accuracy many of these queued combos are given, I believe the offensive fighter is rewarded entirely too much now.

Also, everything has felt so sluggish since this update. I'm normally able to navigate the cage and get in and out of range much better. My connection doesn't appear to be the cause, so I'm curious if something else was tweaked.

Enviado desde mi Pixel 3a XL mediante Tapatalk

Last edited by Pappy Knuckles; 09-30-2020 at 02:22 PM.
Old 09-30-2020, 03:44 PM   #5
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5

Man idk guys, my experience has been the opposite. I've felt like the standup is in a really balanced place since the last patch. I hadn't really played the game all of September until this last update.

I fight with a defensive/counterstriking style as well and feel like its a bit easier to pick people a part. I've also been picked a part by a couple guys who fought off the backfoot the entire fight. Would be good to see some video of you guys fights so that i can see what you're talking about.

One thing i've noticed is that even as a defensive fighter, you can't rely on sways too much. You still have to engage and initiate offense more often than not. The game is still not in a place where you can fight like Mayweather and win most of your fights in my opinion, but its closer than it was before.
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2020, 05:02 PM   #6
Rookie

That's not a game issue, that's an issue on your side. The game feels a lot more balanced with the last patch. Stamina is in a good place, too.

Practice and get good basically.
Old 09-30-2020, 10:09 PM   #7
North of 60

Morgan Monkman's Arena

The striking is still based around who is fastest with the predetermined combos EA made up. Can’t stand it.
Old 10-01-2020, 11:19 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Monkman
The striking is still based around who is fastest with the predetermined combos EA made up. Can’t stand it.
At least these combos are fighter specific and realistic. Imagine players being able to combo any strike together. It would be a mess

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »