Home

Seb170455' Quebec Spartans (NHL20): Code of honour

This is a discussion on Seb170455' Quebec Spartans (NHL20): Code of honour within the Hockey Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2020, 09:21 AM   #1
MVP

seb170455's Arena

OVR: 17
Seb170455' Quebec Spartans (NHL20): Code of honour

Quebec Spartans: Code of Honour.

The world has been under attack. COVID-19 has made the whole world a bit mad. In the United States the political climate has been toxic. Internal political struggles on all stages are making decision making hard.

The NHL had made their choice with Seattle. But Seattle has taken a step back. This was a big blow for the NHL, but a consortium of private investors did a bid for a new franchise.

They had chosen Quebec for their new franchise. Hardcore fans and a devotion of hockey made Quebec a interesting and promising place to invest in. The NHL agreed and the new owners could get their francise going.

The new franchise is called the "Quebec Spartans". A new hockey stadium was build and called Goodison Park. The AHL affiliate are the Moose Jaw Mustangs.

The owners took a chance on a young GM. They hired former enforcer and Dutch international Jo Loonstra. His first job will be to find them a good coach. The expansion draft will be next on his list. It will be exciting times in Quebec.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2020, 10:27 PM   #2
MVP

SENS_AK27's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Seb170455' Quebec Spartans (NHL20): Code of honour

HEY SEB, glad to see you back. Been a long time my friend. Good Luck.
GLES - USC

Old 10-02-2020, 03:37 AM   #3
MVP

seb170455's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SENS_AK27
HEY SEB, glad to see you back. Been a long time my friend. Good Luck.
Thanks SENS. Hope you'll enjoy this.
Old 10-02-2020, 03:55 AM   #4
MVP

seb170455's Arena

Seb170455'Quebec Spartans (NHL20): Code of honour

General Manager: Jo Loonstra

Game: EA Sports NHL 20 (PS4)
Roster: Updated roster (March)
Tuner: Latest version
Difficulty Level: All Star/Pro
Slider: 4/4 Full Sim > adjusted to my level
Trade difficulty: Hard
Period Lenght: 8 minutes
Salary Cap: On

(Note by author: It has been a long time ago since I did a dynasty on EA NHL. My PS4 has been occupied a lot by my 8 year old son (Fortnite). But I will try to make the best of the late evening or nightly hours. I want to do an expansion team franchise. I couldn't choose on the exisiting franchises, so I have created one. Quebec seemed like a good solution. I put in my son and daughter in this franchise. I will try to make it not all fantasy and keep this enjoyable. I will not play every game. This will take too long to finish a seson or more. How many games I play I do not know yet. But we will see. Excuse my bad English. I will try to make this a nice (Dutch) Franchise. Enjoy!!)
Old 10-02-2020, 06:05 AM   #5
MVP

seb170455's Arena

Quebec Spartans: Best kept secret
By Luc Lang, May 2019, Quebec.

Shortly after the Kraken returned in the Seattle sea and the NHL board was in great panic, the solution presented itself. Quebec city and a consortium of investors were ready to help out the NHL and prepared to invest in a 32nd NHL franchise. Bettman accepted and Quebec could make plans for the future. The Quebec Remparts are the QMHJL team in town and have a nice facility, Videotron Centre. But Quebec wanted a new sports centre. The designers came up with Goodison Park. This sports centre has everything you’ll need in the modern age of sports and off course hockey.

After long consideration Quebec choose the name Spartans. The owners wanted a classical name. Spartans are known for their fighting spirit and their tactical advantage. There army operated as a team, like a fighting machine. This is what the Spartans want to be; a competing team of hard trained individuals. This is all the information we have on the Quebec Spartans. We do not know the inside of Goodison Park. The jerseys and club colours are not presented yet. The Spartans are the best kept secret. What we do know is their General Manager; Jo Loonstra. We caught up with him to talk about the best kept secret.

Shocked
When we asked Loonstra (44) how he was hired, he told us he was shocked at first. “I was shocked they called me. An enforcer and not really well known ex-hockey player was called to lead a new franchise. The owners invested a lot of money in a new franchise with a big stadium. And they choose me. But after a few days in Quebec and many talks with my wife, I accepted the job. This will be a great experience.

Expansion draft
“I know the plans of the owners and have surrounded myself with smart people who know what it takes to make this franchise a success. We don’t know how fast we will climb the ranks of the NHL, but we will try to make it a great franchise. The future looks bright. We hope to have a great expansion draft. This will be important. We want a good squad in Quebec and in the AHL the Moose Jaw Mustangs (MJM). If we have a bad start with the expansion draft, then our climb will be long. First we have to hire a coach. We already had some interviews. This secret will soon be revealed.”

Jo Loonstra is a man of few words, but we know he has a plan for the future. We will watch him and the Spartans every move. Let’s climb the NHL ladder.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2020, 07:46 AM   #6
MVP

seb170455's Arena

Quebec Spartans hire Montreal's Kirk Muller

In a short press conference GM Loonstra announced the following:

"We are happy to announce the hiring of our first headcoach of the Quebec Spartans. We have hired Kirk Muller as our headcoach. We had talks with a few candidates. But after the first interview with Kirk (Muller), we knew we had to hire him. We have the greatest trust in Kirk and are going to focus on the Expansion Draft. Thanks for coming. Kirk will answer all your question."
Old 10-14-2020, 06:08 AM   #7
MVP

seb170455's Arena

The Quebec Spartans have selected in the Expansion Draft:

G A.Stolarz (ANA)
LW L.Crouse (ARI)
RW O.Kase (BOS)
D J.McCabe (BUF)
D M.Giordano (CGY)
D H.Fleury (CAR)
D S.Koekkoek (CHI)
RW V.Nichushkin (COL)
G V.Vehviläinen (CBJ)
RW D.Gurianov (DAL)
LW D.Timashov (DET)
D A.Larsson (EDM)
C B.Boyle (FLO)
RW M. Luff (LAK)
C E.Staal (MIN)
RW J.Armia (MTL)
RW C.Jarnkrok (NSH)
D M.Mueller (NJD)
C D.Brassard (NYI)
D L.Hajek (NYR)
D M.Reilly (OTT)
D M.Niskanen (PHI)
RW P.Hornqvist (PIT)
D T.Carrick (SJS)
LW J.De LA Rose (STL)
LW P.Maroon (TBL)
C J.Spezza (TOR)
G T.Demko (VAN)
RW D.Sprong (WSH)
C A.Lowry (WPG)

Jo Loonstra at the presser later that night:
"We mixed things up. We looked at positions, best players around and young talent. First we looked at goalies who were available. We choose 3 young goalkeepers. I think we selected a good team, which can be turned in a contender. Not every position has class A players in our squad, but this is a very good starting point. Every position is filled right now. We will turn to the free agency to pick up some guys and maybe a trade will make us better or give us some extra draftpicks."

Last edited by seb170455; 10-16-2020 at 06:30 PM.
Old 10-16-2020, 06:37 PM   #8
MVP

seb170455's Arena

Transactions Quebec Spartans

Trade:

Quebec acquire a 2020-2nd Round Pick (LAK) and a 2020-4th Round Pick (LAK)
LA acquire RW Patrick Hornqvist

(Too many RWs and Hornqvist had the best return for his big contract)

Quebec acquires a 2020-1st Round Pick (ARI), 2020-4th Round Pick (EDM)-2020-5th Round Pick (NJD)
New Jersey acquires Matt Niskanen (D) a 2020-5th and 6th Round Pick (QUE)

Free agents:

NHL moves
Sascha Jansen (LW), Noa Zoe (D)

AHL moves
Byron Froese (C), Nicolas Baptiste (RW), Rourke Chartier (C), Libor Sulak (D), Juuso Ikonen (LW), Julius Nattisen (C), Daniel Norge (D)

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties »