Home

Next Gen PS5 vs XBox Series X

This is a discussion on Next Gen PS5 vs XBox Series X within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-13-2020, 02:13 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 1
Next Gen PS5 vs XBox Series X

What are the differences between 2K on the PS5 vs. the Series X? Has anyone been able to compare them or know of performance/visuals/feature differences?

I know that the PS5 version implements haptic features available with the PS5 controller. Are there any additions or advantages on the Series X’s side?

It also seems that the PS5 has the advantage of being able to be streamed to PCs and other PS5/4s, whereas Microsoft dropped the Xbox streaming to Windows for the Series X (that used to work better on the One X than the PS4 equivalent). Both systems can stream to mobile devices over the internet if I understand correctly.

Anyone played/own both and have one version they prefer?

Last edited by Sundown; 11-13-2020 at 02:18 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2020, 02:26 PM   #2
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Next Gen PS5 vs XBox Series X

I cannot compare them but I can comment on the PS5 version.

- Cutscenes are definitely not 60FPS but gameplay is pretty dang smooth.
- Haptic controller is awesome. You can feel the body ups, defensive pressure, and tiredness of the players through the controller

One issue on PS5 I am having is I cannot download any rebrand teams during MyNBA league setup. It always crashes, no clue why, or if its just me.
Old 11-13-2020, 02:55 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

PS5 has twice faster SSD and true next gen I/O + infinite cache.
PS5 will also have online userbase advantage. (play with more people all over the world) because more people play 2k on ps5 over xsx. Playstation is global, Xbox is not.
PS5 is the only one with a true next gen controller.
Old 11-13-2020, 03:06 PM   #4
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
What are the differences between 2K on the PS5 vs. the Series X? Has anyone been able to compare them or know of performance/visuals/feature differences?

I know that the PS5 version implements haptic features available with the PS5 controller. Are there any additions or advantages on the Series X’s side?

It also seems that the PS5 has the advantage of being able to be streamed to PCs and other PS5/4s, whereas Microsoft dropped the Xbox streaming to Windows for the Series X (that used to work better on the One X than the PS4 equivalent). Both systems can stream to mobile devices over the internet if I understand correctly.

Anyone played/own both and have one version they prefer?
At the moment, the only difference is the haptic feedback with PS5. If you hear anything else (outside of specific technical issues), it's fanboy talk.
Old 11-13-2020, 03:10 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jairusmonillas
PS5 will also have online userbase advantage. (play with more people all over the world) because more people play 2k on ps5 over xsx. Playstation is global, Xbox is not.
True about the ssd but makes no difference. Xbox series still loads games in like 2 seconds.

Op only difference is the controller. Xbox has a better feel and more comfortable( my opinion and most critics feel this way) Ps has haptic feedback.

Also whenever Microsoft fixes it quick resume is a game changer. I go from playing apex, state of decay in a couple seconds. When its finally fixed going from state of decay, call of duty, apex to 2k in a few seconds will be awesome. Online games it takes you back to the lobby. Still avoids the splash screen and the game loading back up. Ps controllers haptic feedback will give you more of a different feel between games.

Whichever you prefer. As far as 2k goes no difference with Playstation and Xbox other than Ps has haptic feedback and xbox will have quick resume where your always in the game

Last edited by haloofduty; 11-13-2020 at 03:21 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2020, 03:11 PM   #6
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jairusmonillas
Speak of the Devil....

XBSX loads the game just as fast or faster, since we really don't know. To argue over milliseconds is pointless.

A userbase is a userbase. Both consoles will have more than enough people to play with or against. XBSX is sold globally...period.

As I stated before, the controller is really the only main difference between the two consoles.
Old 11-13-2020, 03:20 PM   #7
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Just as fast, maybe. Faster? Now you drifting into that territory you are complaining to him about lol. According to every video I have seen on YouTube, PS5 is the faster of the two on loading into a game, but its so miniscule I would not even try to compare either.
Old 11-13-2020, 03:30 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
Just as fast, maybe. Faster? Now you drifting into that territory you are complaining to him about lol. According to every video I have seen on YouTube, PS5 is the faster of the two on loading into a game, but its so miniscule I would not even try to compare either.
Technically if Ps is two times faster and xbox loads a game in 2 seconds that means ps loads it in one second lol. Your right miniscule. It all depends though. I think both consoles have game changers. I know for some haptic feedback is immersive and awesome. For some quick resume is awesome. I'm in love with quick resume.

I actually started playing some single player games I never got around to playing. Now their always ready to play. Couple clicks and your back in the game. I do wanna try haptic feedback.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »