Home

Is nba 2k21 even playable?

This is a discussion on Is nba 2k21 even playable? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-22-2020, 10:03 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 13
Is nba 2k21 even playable?

I played a little bit and then stopped because I see way too many flaws in the game against CPU, and these flaws are mainly CPU's defense...even on Superstar level CPU does really stupid things, like never get back on defense during fastbreaks...so any updates you guys know of? Should I or can I get back to the game? Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2020, 11:35 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 2
Re: Is nba 2k21 even playable?

I'm like you haven't played in like 3 weeks because the transition defense is worst than NBA Jam.

Now 2k next gen may be better but Jesus. I shouldn't have to butcher the sliders and spend 48hrs editing the rosters to get the game to play semi-realistic on defense.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 11-23-2020, 01:00 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjohns23
I'm like you haven't played in like 3 weeks because the transition defense is worst than NBA Jam.

Now 2k next gen may be better but Jesus. I shouldn't have to butcher the sliders and spend 48hrs editing the rosters to get the game to play semi-realistic on defense.

I mean, should I go back to 2k19? At least it doesn't have these weird issues, I really want 2k and the community to understand, we buy the game not to wait it fix, and we are not paid to test the game and report the issued and beg for them to be fixed, understand that we are users, we pay and play, is simple as this.
Old 11-23-2020, 01:38 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 7

The poor AI on defense is what annoys me the most about the gameplay right now. It's not any better.

Wouldn't hurt so much if playing defense didn't already feel like it's pointless about 90% of the time.
Old 11-23-2020, 05:52 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrose57
I played a little bit and then stopped because I see way too many flaws in the game against CPU, and these flaws are mainly CPU's defense...even on Superstar level CPU does really stupid things, like never get back on defense during fastbreaks...so any updates you guys know of? Should I or can I get back to the game? Thanks.
I made a video on pc about my theory of sliders and was gonna play to show but I somehow forgot to save sliders haha so was playing on default hof.

You do need sliders. My other 2k theory is other than animations and some fixes, year to year it’s sliders. Hands, offensive awareness/consistency, on ball defense (which imo sags the cpu in when lowered) all matter a Ton. Lower ball security for user, acceleration for both sides (but you need to also lower body up or the slow cpu will keep running into things ) and you can make the game stupid hard.

It’s gonna seem cheesy With steals and certain guys can still push break but if you want a cpu u can’t beat you don’t even need to go further than that.

I skipped 19 tho so can’t comment.

-Smak
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2020, 08:22 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 2

I'm interested in your defensive slider theory.

I understand in the game of basketball you will have broken defensive assignments. So the game tries to immulate that.

But on transition "D" you should always stop the ball or make an attempt. In this game you can get someone like Westbrook and basically go coast to coast on every miss shot and the CPU makes no adjustments.

Old 11-23-2020, 12:55 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjohns23
I'm interested in your defensive slider theory.

I understand in the game of basketball you will have broken defensive assignments. So the game tries to immulate that.

But on transition "D" you should always stop the ball or make an attempt. In this game you can get someone like Westbrook and basically go coast to coast on every miss shot and the CPU makes no adjustments.

Yea it's basically a new legacy (oxymoron?) Issue ever since they gave guys burst speed. Remember when guys would get chased down every time, that was wack. You can probably create that again with min max speed sliders. Slow w ball down and speed up without. I hated it though.

That and pick and roll d are just tough. It needs some what deep Ai changes kind of like double team logic where it sends guys back. What I offer doesn't affect chase downs much but it makes it so that outlets etc are tougher. Just like you can lower on ball a lot and people will sag more into the paint. It doesn't make proper pick n roll help but it makes it harder to get lay ups.

I'm not a fan of the auto mistakes but you can get something close to the old everyone is a laser passer when hof would just put 90 pip on you if you weren't ready and same with defense. They become pretty tough with betters aware.

-Smak
Old 11-23-2020, 09:15 PM   #8
MVP

KyotoCarl's Arena

OVR: 26

Are you talking next gen or current gen?

My thoughts on how replays should be handled:
http://www.operationsports.com/Kyoto...plays-replays/

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »