Home

Madden 21 Next Gen Vs. Current Gen - Here's Everything New on Next Gen

This is a discussion on Madden 21 Next Gen Vs. Current Gen - Here's Everything New on Next Gen within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-04-2020, 10:30 AM   #1
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Madden 21 Next Gen Vs. Current Gen - Here's Everything New on Next Gen

Today is the day. Next-gen Madden is officially here (sure it started yesterday, but that was...

Written By: Josh Houtz

Click here to view the article.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2020, 10:41 AM   #2
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden 21 Next Gen Vs. Current Gen - Here's Everything New on Next Gen

Nice article and glad my video was able to be used! I want to say this to those looking at what Madden 21 Next Gen is...

If you loved Madden 21 PS4, you are going to go bonkers for next gen 21.

If you liked/tolerated Madden 21 PS4, you are going to really enjoy next gen 21.

If you cannot stand Madden/want a completely different game, you are not going to enjoy next gen 21.

As you said, this was a free upgrade that was never meant to be a gigantic leap. If Madden 21 Next Gen is any indication and they do not buckle, we will be in for a real treat for Madden 22. If you are just watching videos and not feeling the game, you are doing yourself a disservice in judging the game.
Old 12-04-2020, 12:02 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 21 Next Gen Vs. Current Gen - Here's Everything New on Next Gen

****..."wA1t Til nExt YeArZzZ!!"
Old 12-04-2020, 03:09 PM   #4
Rookie

For a first-year new-gen effort, it's been solid. There's definitely a lot of promise for M22 with this rep under their belt.
Old 12-04-2020, 03:19 PM   #5
Rookie

Been watching twitch streams of Madden all morning and other than graphical polish and changed menu screens I see no recognizable difference between the two. Having purchased the PS4 version and being eligible for the "free" upgrade, I have no desire to download it on my PS5 (when I get one) based on what I've seen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2020, 07:06 PM   #6
MVP

The new player movement makes me optimistic for the future of Madden.* Going forward, EA really needs to focus on polishing the game and adding the little details that matter.

Things I want to see addressed going forward...

Franchise Mode - Just gives us Head Coach 09 mixed with 2K5's presentation elements & I'm good.

Physics / Collision Detection- Collision detection & player physics really needs to be polished mainly post play.* I understand some form of clipping is inevitable in video games, but with the power of these Next Gen consoles, we should not still have players clipping completely through bodies, stepping through bodies after tackles, rolling right through the legs of lineman who are engaged in 2 man uninterruptible blocking animation sequences, etc.* Collision detection seems to work well during a play but it's almost like they turn the collision detection off as soon as the whistle blows a play dead.* EA really needs to work on this area of the game.* The more realistic the gameplay & graphics get, the more these immersion killing clipping issues will stick out like a sore thumb.* Oh, and for the love of God can we please stop the football from ghosting through stadium walls!

Gameplay- Tenches need a lot of work.* I'm still seeing lineman warp into position, get sucked into 2 man blocking animation sequences, etc.* This type of stuff has to go.

Zone play seems a little better but still needs improvement.* I no longer want to see players standing around in place.* Players, particularly DB's, need to be more reactive to what's happening on the field.

Elite CPU RB's still aren't effective enough (although better than last gen) nor do they use all moves at their disposal.* I should fear going up against a team with an elite back & have to gameplan around it.**

As I mentioned, the new player movement is a great foundation.* Continue to work in individualizing players & add more signature animations.

Presentation - Just look at what NBA 2K is doing & do that.* I also want in game highlights from games around the league in my franchise with a real pregame, halftime & postgame show.**

We need multiple commentating crews, sideline reporters etc.* No more excuses EA.* Get her done.

BRING REFS BACK ON THE FIELD!* Ok I get it, you took refs off the field when you added abilities to the game due to memory limitations.* You have the memory on these Next Gen consoles now.* Not only do we need refs back on the field, we need to see them throwing flags & calling penalties in REAL time.* No more of these outdated cut scenes.**

Where are the cheerleaders?* They are a huge part of the NFL experience.* You had them in NCAA so...

Bring back the Live Weather feature you had in NCAA.* Why is it we still can't play a cold weather game without snow or a fog game?**

Home field advantage.* Again, you had this in NCAA.* We need home field to matter in Madden.

Little details - What is one thing you see happen after almost every play in the NFL that you never see in Madden?* Players helping the tackled ball carrier up off the field!* That's just one example many little details missing in Madden!* This is a big reason why Madden tends to get stale after a while.* It's missing details that keep you immersed.

All in all Madden 21 Next Gen is a solid foundation.* The new player movement is enough to keep me playing it off & on for a while.* The excessive clipping issues are really keeping me from getting immersed into Madden. There's a lot of work that needs to be done.* I hope EA goes all out for Madden 22 & delivers a polished game with a deep franchise mode.

Last edited by JKSportsGamer1984; 12-05-2020 at 02:33 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »