Home

EXPERIMENT: I lowered the pass attributes to MIN...

This is a discussion on EXPERIMENT: I lowered the pass attributes to MIN... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-04-2020, 05:14 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
EXPERIMENT: I lowered the pass attributes to MIN...

So, I am a CPU vs CPU sim guy. Always was and probably always will be.
My preoccupation is to watch computer simulated NBA matches and influence them as much as possible, which is really not easy with ACE controlling most aspects of the game.

One thing that bothers me a lot - and I am not the only one, I can tell - is the low amount of pass turnovers.

Even when pushing "passing" slider to minimum, still the ball always ends in hands of that ballhandler's teammate or opponent.

Actually, coming thing about it - I cannot remember A SINGLE throw out of bounds in this iteration of the game (NBA 2k21 PS4)!?

Still, for some reason I had been sure I couldve easily changed this "feature" by tampering with PASSING ACCURACY and PASSING IQ attributes.

I lowered both to minimum (25) value.

What happened?

Exactly nothing!

Players behaved as usual, every bloody pass found its target and all in an immense rhytm of play!?!

I was like crazy, a bit mad and also sad. But had to go to sleep and left that to a better time...

So, what tha actual BLEEP?

Passing was not a problem in 2K20. There were always realistic or close to realistic amount of passes that ended in the stands or on the bench.

But whats with 2k21, does anyone has a solution?

Last edited by Vedreanu; 12-04-2020 at 05:22 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2020, 07:39 PM   #2
MVP

Tynole14's Arena

Re: EXPERIMENT: I lowered the pass attributes to MIN...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedreanu
My preoccupation is to watch computer simulated NBA matches and influence them as much as possible, which is really not easy with ACE controlling most aspects of the game.

One thing that bothers me a lot - and I am not the only one, I can tell - is the low amount of pass turnovers.

Even when pushing "passing" slider to minimum, still the ball always ends in hands of that ballhandler's teammate or opponent.

Actually, coming thing about it - I cannot remember A SINGLE throw out of bounds in this iteration of the game (NBA 2k21 PS4)!?

Still, for some reason I had been sure I couldve easily changed this "feature" by tampering with PASSING ACCURACY and PASSING IQ attributes.

What happened?

Exactly nothing!

Players behaved as usual, every bloody pass found its target and all in an immense rhytm of play!?!

I was like crazy, a bit mad and also sad. But had to go to sleep and left that to a better time...

Passing was not a problem in 2K20. There were always realistic or close to realistic amount of passes that ended in the stands or on the bench.

Yeah, there's way to fix this issue. Not completely done with my roster editing not slider testing . But in my last game, there were plenty of turnovers.IMG_20201203_005419.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
Old 12-05-2020, 08:13 AM   #3
Rookie

Thanks for sharing the fix
Old 12-05-2020, 08:30 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:

What happened?

Exactly nothing!

Try lowering the HANDS attributes and sliders
Old 12-05-2020, 08:50 AM   #5
Rookie

I tried it. Lowered the "hands", lowered the passing accuracy, both to zero.
Lowered the players passing attributes to min...

Gave all the players HOF interceptor badge...

Still NO bad pass occured.
Maybe I have a bugged game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2020, 11:22 AM   #6
Pro

ReturnoftheTmac's Arena

Quote:
I tried it. Lowered the "hands", lowered the passing accuracy, both to zero.
Lowered the players passing attributes to min...

Gave all the players HOF interceptor badge...

Still NO bad pass occured.
Maybe I have a bugged game?

Nah, it’s not just you. Actually this issue and turnovers in general have always bothered me. I’ve never been able to get a realistic amount in playing games without really lowering passing sliders and then they’re silly passes competent pros should make. They’re not realistic turnovers like in real life. Maybe a guy has an errant dribble off his foot on a post up. Or just while being harassed in general. Never any miscommunication turnovers with a guy maybe cutting towards the basket from the side while the passer thought he was staying put.
Old 12-05-2020, 01:28 PM   #7
MVP

Tynole14's Arena

Quote:
Thanks for sharing the fix
Sent you a message.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
Old 12-06-2020, 12:37 AM   #8
MVP

dwayne12345's Arena

The two situations where passes go astray in this game is passing out of a shot and poor passers throwing flashy passes and alley oops. So if you had poor passers passing more you would get more wild passes that just sail out of bounds.

I haven't tested this but I THINK if you up the 'Dish To Open Man' tendency (in the individual player's tendencies) of some poor passers you might get some more wild passes.

Also up the 'Flashy Pass' tendency for some of those terrible passers too. This is more of a roster issue than a game tendency issue.

Lonzo Ball passes out of shots to open players consistently in this game, so if you use his pass tendencies as a baseline. Then maybe up those tendencies on some big men and low IQ, low Pass Accuracy wings.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »