Home

Improvements needed for Spring training in MLB The Show next gen

This is a discussion on Improvements needed for Spring training in MLB The Show next gen within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-11-2020, 01:40 PM   #1
Pro

BigOrangeVol4Life's Arena

OVR: 0
Improvements needed for Spring training in MLB The Show next gen

Games tied at the end of the 9th inning need to end in a tie that don't count in the standings, but the individual and team stats do.

Replicas of the real life parks in Arizona and Florida that all 30 teams use instead of only 2.

What would you like to see improved upon?

Last edited by BigOrangeVol4Life; 12-11-2020 at 01:43 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2020, 02:03 PM   #2
MVP

forme95's Arena

Re: Improvements needed for Spring training in MLB The Show next gen

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOrangeVol4Life
Games tied at the end of the 9th inning need to end in a tie that don't count in the standings, but the individual and team stats do.

Replicas of the real life parks in Arizona and Florida that all 30 teams use instead of only 2.

I said both these things in another thread. I knew others would agree

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Franchise SIM is dead. Find your favorite iterations and play it forever. Card games are whats "now" and games will cater in that direction and forget realism.

Just have fun and play :)
Old 12-11-2020, 02:45 PM   #3
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

I feel like this is one of those "Do the ends justify the means" sorts of deals. Spending a little time maybe tuning some of the AI and statistical items for ST games; sure. Putting together all of the spring training stadiums? Eh, I don't know - that sounds like a TON of work that doesn't really offer a big payoff for the vast majority of players that play franchise (who likely skip right by spring training).

There's a heckuva lot of other stuff that they could add for the same qty of employee hours that would add a lot more depth to the mode overall.

Would it be cool? Sure. But even if you play every single game, ST games only represent around 10-15% of all games played. It's not much different to me than adding re-branding options in MLB20. Cool thing...but it didn't add anything to the mode as a whole. It's almost like putting a fresh coat of paint on a car with a sputtering engine.
Old 12-11-2020, 03:17 PM   #4
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Agree with Josh in the sense that there are other things within franchise mode that I would like to see addressed before spending ample time on Spring Training and new stadiums for it. And this is coming from someone who plays every single Spring Training game each year.

Now I would like to see them address the CPU's management of its roster and utilize it better, and do believe that roster expansion (non-roster invites) would be a nice addition, but again I would prefer them to take place after other areas of the mode receive some overdue TLC.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 12-11-2020, 03:28 PM   #5
MVP

I could see why 30 authentic Spring Training parks wouldn't be feasible, but we definitely need more than two generic ones.

At the bare minimum I'd like to see at least six dedicated ST parks, with half being in an Arizona/desert type of setting and almost all of them having fans sitting in outfield lawn sections.
MLS: San Jose Earthquakes
EPL: Brentford FC

RIP San Francisco Deltas | 2017 NASL Champions
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2020, 03:35 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Freshen up the commentary to reflect spring training. Currently it makes the games seem like just another regular season game
Old 12-11-2020, 03:36 PM   #7
Bacon's Fictional Roster

bacon96's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOrangeVol4Life

I'd rather see minor league parks before spring training parks...if they want to head in the direction of adding all of A ball though, they would have these parks in the game as well.

As for actual spring training, why not more in depth roster options? Non roster invitees, JICs and low level minor league scrimmages would all be fun. The latter could simply be you taking over any individual player and going through drills a la RTTS. JICs are "just in case" players, those could be any minor leaguers you have playing in the big league games and wearing high numbers like 86 or 95. Lastly, I think everyone know what NRIs are. Just add those guys in and add some suspense to the end of spring training like whether they make the roster, decide to opt-out or accept assignment to the minors.

Lots of deep possibilities.

Join my Discord Server!

#BaseballisBetter
Old 12-11-2020, 04:33 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Just better AI with the roster management.

They always put their best lineup. If you play game #1, the first reliever is the starter of game #2. If a reliever is not LRP, MRP, SU or CL, he will never pitch an inning.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »