Home

It shouldn't be this hard to make a game that works

This is a discussion on It shouldn't be this hard to make a game that works within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-18-2020, 11:02 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
It shouldn't be this hard to make a game that works

This doesn't make any sense at all The Play now online community has been ignored & I'm personally tired of a game that when it comes to BASIC GAMEPLAY, setting still don't work, points of emphasis reset after each qtr, pick & roll defense isn't addressed the settings to combat this Pre-rotate & leave him don't work. When you play a friend in Quick play, you have to chose your opponents team, then at tip off you control that team, But let someone complain about a darn haircut or some tattoo & ya'll address it as soon as possible! Why because 2k is scared if lil johnny can't get his haircut or tattoo , then he won't spend or purchase no VC. It's a damn shame when you release a broken game , but wont address the whole game. just to meet a release deadline, delay the release to address the issues,I can respect that, but this is unacceptable!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2020, 11:48 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: It shouldn't be this hard to make a game that works

There are other games, dude.

Its really stuborn to play this game after all the fiasco.
Old 12-19-2020, 05:50 PM   #3
Banned

TheFgGoatLikesHawks's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedreanu
There are other games, dude.

Its really stuborn to play this game after all the fiasco.
Only 1 basketball game though, so it's feedback/complain til they maybe will change it. There's 'gamer gamers' and then there's people who only play something because it's their sport or what have you. That's definitely me. I'm more of a sports gamer than a gamer gamer. I play 2K, and sometimes madden, COD, and mortal kombat. That's about it lol.
Old 12-20-2020, 09:25 AM   #4
Banned

Yep, so sad we’ve had the game for several months and it’s not playable in the slightest..
The fact they can’t or won’t fix the stat tracking issue is an embarrassment. As a 36 year old, I have played 2K since the first one on Dreamcast. I refuse to play Live but after this years embarrassment I am done with 2K for good. Won’t be any basketball games for me moving forward. What a shame.

This game and the developers involved are a pathetic disgrace. Robbed us all of our $$
Old 12-20-2020, 11:41 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFgGoatLikesHawks
Only 1 basketball game though, so it's feedback/complain til they maybe will change it. There's 'gamer gamers' and then there's people who only play something because it's their sport or what have you. That's definitely me. I'm more of a sports gamer than a gamer gamer. I play 2K, and sometimes madden, COD, and mortal kombat. That's about it lol.

Dont get me wrong please. I am also very disappointed and a bit angry, eventhough I grabed the game at 50% off price.

But my message to you is - dont waste your time on that game anymore, you wasted your money, thats enough.

Let it be a kind of a protest. The more people decide to protest this way, or even ask for a refund, the lesser the probability they will act with same indolence next year.

Because, in no other industry can a corporation launch their main product with so many defects and survive without serious financial impact and longterm brand-image consequences.

Cheers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2020, 09:37 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedreanu
Dont get me wrong please. I am also very disappointed and a bit angry, eventhough I grabed the game at 50% off price.

But my message to you is - dont waste your time on that game anymore, you wasted your money, thats enough.

Let it be a kind of a protest. The more people decide to protest this way, or even ask for a refund, the lesser the probability they will act with same indolence next year.

Because, in no other industry can a corporation launch their main product with so many defects and survive without serious financial impact and longterm brand-image consequences.

Cheers.
Then why is Madden still the only NFL game?
I read the complaints about Madden every year and the constant petitions and refusing to buy but sales seem to be just as good. They just got a new deal, the internet may seem like a loud voice but people that enjoy games and entertainment are not going to be online constantly talking about it. They are going to be enjoying it no matter the flaws.

I know for sure NBA and NFL games were not perfect when I was a kid but I still enjoyed a majority of them.

I don't think 2 will fix most of the issues like bloated ratings and simming because the vast majority just play the actual game. Simmers are a small margin of who buy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »