Home

Sponsors, a currency system, camps, a store & more. The AFL - A PS4/5 sim league

This is a discussion on Sponsors, a currency system, camps, a store & more. The AFL - A PS4/5 sim league within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 12-31-2020, 12:36 AM   #1
Pro

TheUFCVeteran's Arena

OVR: 0
Sponsors, a currency system, camps, a store & more. The AFL - A PS4/5 sim league

Join up here: https://discord.gg/UACt5Nc

All these features come into effect on New Year’s Day, so if you join before then, the sponsor list and the store will not be available yet.

I wanted to bring it to closer to a “live the life” type experience, I’ve been working on this for a couple of weeks now. Using various bots, I’ve been able to add sponsors that you can acquire if you have the required role by simply reacting to the message with the corresponding emoji.

One of the bots also allowed me to introduce a currency system, and as a result, an item store, where you can purchase various types of MMA memorabilia, from signed gloves, to Fedor’s Glorious Sweater of Absolute Victory.

If you’re successful and manage to rack up some wins and unlock new sponsors, you’ll find yourself being able to afford cars and houses - these all show in your inventory so other people can see them. Some items are limited - things like houses and cars can only be purchased once, same goes for certain MMA memorabilia such as Royce’s gi from UFC 1.

Think of it a bit like an RPG in that sense, you can collect items and new items will be added to the store over time. There are some really expensive things that you’ll basically have to be a divisional GOAT to achieve, but I think it’ll give people something to work towards.

Sponsors automatically pay out per week (fight cards are posted every Sunday/Monday, with the exception of this upcoming one) and you can collect your weekly income by using the command !work - this cannot be set individually for each role or person, so it varies from $20,000 to $85,000, but there’s a default sponsor that everyone can acquire which’ll net you $35,000 a week.

Achievements are another thing I added, only yesterday, in fact. They’re designed so that they can’t all be gotten in a few weeks - in fact, I think it’ll take quite a long time before anyone gets them all, but like I mentioned with the store, it’s something to work towards. They’re much like trophies or achievements you’d see in a video game. If you get them all, you unlock something along the lines of a platinum trophy and a $50,000,000 reward as congratulations.

Something I just found out yesterday is that you can also sell your items to other players if you want, which is cool. I remember reading one of the commands and thought it mentioned something about selling, but I figured it might just put it back into the shop, but no, you can sell an item to another player for money.

The social media element is something that was in the AFL from the get go - essentially, you use https://www.tweetgen.com/ to create a Tweet from one of your fighters, then post it in the channel. It can be about anything - something you just bought from the store, to talking some trash to another fighter (just don’t carry this into any of the other channels as a member, it’s simply your fighter beefing with someone else’s fighter).

The last thing is the camp system - you can buy a camp membership from the store, and you’ll gain access to your camp’s text channel. You won’t be able to view any other camp’s channel, and the same goes for the camp owners. They can only read the text channel for their camp.

An amount will be deducted every week due to training fees, but these won’t be such that you hardly ever earn any money. It’s there for immersion purposes. As long as you have the default sponsor and you collect your income every week, you’ll be fine for the most part. The top line, most prestigious camps will charge more, but still, it won’t be anything too crazy.

Well, that’s a rundown of the new features coming to the Apex Fighting League - I hope you liked what you read!

Last edited by TheUFCVeteran; 12-31-2020 at 10:46 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2020, 03:34 PM   #2
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Re: Sponsors, a currency system, camps, a store & more. The AFL - A PS4/5 sim league

This sounds cool af!

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 01-02-2021, 09:43 AM   #3
MVP

Re: Sponsors, a currency system, camps, a store & more. The AFL - A PS4/5 sim league

Sounds good. I'm in. CM Punk please

Create A Fighter Content:
YouTube -> AydinZero

Music:
https://aydin-jewelz123.newgrounds.com/
Old 01-02-2021, 08:38 PM   #4
Rookie

duh1call3dston3s's Arena

This sounds dope!

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »