Home

Can we get some love for player lock in MyNBA for 2K22 or separate mycareer mode?

This is a discussion on Can we get some love for player lock in MyNBA for 2K22 or separate mycareer mode? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-04-2021, 11:05 AM   #1
Rookie

adamspag's Arena

OVR: 0
Can we get some love for player lock in MyNBA for 2K22 or separate mycareer mode?

I have given up asking for a separate mycareer mode, so how about some love for player lock in MyNBA for 2K22. My career used to be exactly what its title said it was, a simulation of an NBA career.

Now my career is nothing more than the place where you build up your player for the park or city.
In my opinion, it has gone from one of the best video game career modes in 2K10-2K15 to what I can safely say as “the worst career mode” in any of the big yearly sports titles. I’m even starting to prefer maddens connected franchise mode, a mode by the way that has literally not been touched in 400 years over 2K’s.

Every year I used to make a forum post pleading religious for 2K to separate career modes, to no avail. I just wanted freedom on how I created my player without restrictions. If that can’t be done How about a little love to player lock in MyNBA now that mode has had a little overhaul.

I have moved from Mycareer to playerlock but the mode is lacking. I want a sense of progression, I want to unlock clothing, sponsors, haircuts, endorsements, tattoos, grind out my badges in training, earn new animations, work my way up in the line-up, my league does not have that, you progress once a year, and your progression has nothing to do with how well you play but how many minutes you play. I love how you progress in mycareer, working on your badges in practice through drills earning experience for playing games.

How about something simple like you can choose or create a player to lock at the start of new MyNBA save without attribute restrictions and as you play games you get skill points for how well you played to spend of attributes, badges and animations. I just want some freedom Why can’t I be a 7ft 7 centre with a 99-speed rating and HOF ankle breaker? Hell, if the max stat for everything is 99 let me achieve a 105 as long as I put in the work and grind, its not like it would be against online players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2021, 01:13 PM   #2
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Can we get some love for player lock in MyNBA for 2K22 or separate mycareer mode?

I agree witht that. I'd play it that way. I feel like the restrictions they have are for park competition, not single-player NBA games.

The benefit of doing player lock is you get all the presentation in NBA games that they took out of myplayer - added to that you can create a player with zero restrictions and player lock that - but yes there would be almost no 'progression' that way.
Old 01-04-2021, 02:46 PM   #3
MVP

BaselineBakes's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Can we get some love for player lock in MyNBA for 2K22 or separate mycareer mode?

Co-sign all this. All I play is player locked myNBA, I just like the freedom of it way more than MyCareer.

Two things I wish I could take over from MyCareer are the runout of the tunnel and shoot around and the practice gym. Love seeing all the different arenas when you come out of the locker room from that vantage point.

All the other stuff you mentioned would be cool, the more freedom the better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 01-04-2021, 06:28 PM   #4
Just started!

Quote:
I agree witht that. I'd play it that way. I feel like the restrictions they have are for park competition, not single-player NBA games.

The benefit of doing player lock is you get all the presentation in NBA games that they took out of myplayer - added to that you can create a player with zero restrictions and player lock that - but yes there would be almost no 'progression' that way.
but that could be really funny=)
Old 01-05-2021, 10:56 PM   #5
Pro

Player lock is the way to go but what I have noticed is that there is something I’ve been seeing slimmamba on YouTube use for his my career series he does using the player lock feature in my nba. It’s called synergy 2k and it’s basically like a app on ur computer that allows u to upgrade ur player using the stats u got from whatever game you played, so for example you will enter your points, rebounds, asst, etc and it calculates those and generates and number of skill points or xp. I’ve tried it and it’s dope. After each game I plug in all my stats and copy the ratings and apply them to my created player so it gives that feel of offline my career. As I’ve gotten older I’m not really into the cutscenes anymore bc it doesn’t feel like it’s geared anything towards an actual nba career, it’s just promotions and endorsements which is why I haven’t played my career this year and prob won’t so it’s my nba for now and so far I’ve had a lot of fun with it so if you can I’d say look up synergy 2k and try it out it’s easy to install and easy to use as well. Check out his videos if you can I’ll post a link below to show you the lamelo ball series he has going.

Link: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...WWjbKeGmRk8cLi

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2021, 01:12 PM   #6
Pro

Bexthelegend's Arena

It seems pretty counter intuitive for them to invest in 2 modes that do the same thing. Especially when one mode is 10x more profitable. I seriously doubt thus will happen
Old 01-10-2021, 01:37 PM   #7
Banned

Player lock doesn’t even work correctly anymore in online leagues , they completely broke it in next gen . F$@& 2K

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »