Home

21 Season the show rosters in the works for

This is a discussion on 21 Season the show rosters in the works for within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-01-2021, 03:55 PM   #1
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

OVR: 0
21 Season show rosters in the works with Service time for MLB 20

With the news that MLB 21 won't have carry over saves. that means roster creators are 100% screwed this year in creating rosters and can't export and import players from last year to this year trick.

I won't be buying the game this year we would all have to wait till June July before anyone has a complete roster that way now.. so if I was to buy the show 21 it won't be till late this year

So I am focusing rosters all on MLB the show 20 right now I have updated probably about 98% of service time guys only players on free agents that haven't signed with a team hasn't been updated yet. I have updated most contracts as well. and i have done all transactions till the end of January.

My aim is to get a roster complete out by the time spring training starts. my roster has been taken from all over the place different players from different rosters but going back from a base roster of Ridin from late last year.

I will upload a Beta in the next few days so I can get help from everyone in the community to change things and feedback. I know it won't be perfect but that's the idea of feedback! jersey numbers of course havn't been updated as we don't know them all yet.

News soon I hope to get a Beta version out late tonight and get your feedback!

Last edited by ninertravel; 02-01-2021 at 07:14 PM. Reason: title was wrong
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2021, 04:04 PM   #2
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: 21 Season the show rosters in the works for

Wouldnt the roster thing from 20 solve this tho? On MLB 20, you can load MLB 19 rosters into 20 or something like that.
Old 02-01-2021, 04:42 PM   #3
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid 24
Wouldnt the roster thing from 20 solve this tho? On MLB 20, you can load MLB 19 rosters into 20 or something like that.
Considering carry over saves are gone and I doubt it

I think
Having it on Xbox is what’s killed that feature think about it they have no prior history of games.. so they don’t want to spend hours on different code.
Old 02-01-2021, 05:00 PM   #4
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninertravel
Considering carry over saves are gone and I doubt it

I think
Having it on Xbox is what’s killed that feature think about it they have no prior history of games.. so they don’t want to spend hours on different code.
Got it, maybe I dont understand how this works then.
Old 02-01-2021, 05:30 PM   #5
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid 24
Got it, maybe I dont understand how this works then.
I am just speculating though I could be completely wrong. and I hope I am

I will buy 21 eventually it's just that I like to start a franchise when the real season starts. so I will do that and get 21 when rosters and bugs are out which probably be more like July.

But anyhow I want to get these rosters out for those also that will just stick to 20. this is the first year we can do service time edits so have actual prospects that are not form 2020 only from 2021. I just can't edit ages. that is all. the idea is we pretend it's 2021 and all contracts and service relate to it.

I have got all the line-ups done and 40 mans. and most of the AAA and obviously with real life situations happening in baseball those haven't been completely assigned yet (and it's only Feb) some teams still have a few slots which are just filled up with 'Joe Random' which are used to move players around easier in roster control. so the idea is for you guys to give feedback on teams and what to change.

I have done SOME ratings. for mintors so that some of the rated top 50 prospects show in the list as rated by MLB Pipeline this week. anyway lots more to come!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2021, 08:39 PM   #6
Banned

Re: 21 Season show rosters in the works with Service time for MLB 20

We do not yet have a 100% conclusive word upon whether or not Roster Files and Import/Export are blocked, do we ?

Sent from my SM-J327T1 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 02-01-2021, 08:52 PM   #7
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

Re: 21 Season show rosters in the works with Service time for MLB 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballrosters
We do not yet have a 100% conclusive word upon whether or not Roster Files and Import/Export are blocked, do we ?

Sent from my SM-J327T1 using Operation Sports mobile app
Carry over franchise is not happening in 2021 so that means you can't do the export and import trick via cpu roster control

and I doubt importing rosters from 2020 will be a option as mlb 20 didn't exist on xbox last year. so therefore that will not be a option they won't make separate code for 2 consoles. and if franchises is being re-done logic tells me if carry over saves are not in the game then why would roster importing be in the game?? it wouldn't be compatible either

Sad really last year we finally got to being able to import rosters from the previous year. and in 1 year it's probably gone. makes me wonder if editing service time was a one off thing too just for 2020. that concerns me that it was a accident how that was editable. or people like me couldn't do what I am doing now.
Old 02-02-2021, 10:39 AM   #8
Rookie

MysterioMan007's Arena

OVR: 5

I probably won't buy the next game if you can't import/export. I wasn't even going to buy 20 until I saw it on sale for $10 a couple of weeks ago. For once, I think I'll just enjoy this game for a few years until I can save up for a PS5. The difference from year to year hasn't really been enough for me to spring for a new version every year. I play more classic rosters anyway.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »