Home

Enjoying Play the Moment

This is a discussion on Enjoying Play the Moment within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-01-2021, 08:54 AM   #1
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

OVR: 0
Enjoying Play the Moment

I've never tried this feature before, but I'm really enjoying it right now. I've always been a play every snap person. I'm doing a realistic Eagles rebuild right now so I'm mostly focused on roster management, but Play the Moment (10min Q's/20 sec runoff) has made it so the games go really quick, but I can get reasonably realistic stats and be a part of the action.

Anyone else use this feature? Or have any tips for using it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2021, 07:22 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 2
Re: Enjoying Play the Moment

I'd tried to get back into Madden last night and found myself rage quitting games because of annoying gameplay things. Just tried Play the Moments and enjoyed it significantly more, it kind of hides a lot for the bad parts of Madden lol
Old 03-01-2021, 08:36 PM   #3
Rookie

I’m a Play the Moments guy too (12-minute quarters) and even then the flaws are apparent. One weird example: when it brings me in on a 4th down on defense, the coach suggestions will say “fake field goal” and whatcha know, the CPU fakes the field goal.
Old 03-02-2021, 12:28 AM   #4
MVP

awffltony77's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
I've never tried this feature before, but I'm really enjoying it right now. I've always been a play every snap person. I'm doing a realistic Eagles rebuild right now so I'm mostly focused on roster management, but Play the Moment (10min Q's/20 sec runoff) has made it so the games go really quick, but I can get reasonably realistic stats and be a part of the action.

Anyone else use this feature? Or have any tips for using it?
Yup. It's certainly how I play every pre season game.

Also how I'll finish a game if something comes up (I'd rather die than come back and load the game to see them all in wrong uniforms).

Sent from my REVVLRY using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 03-02-2021, 08:16 AM   #5
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRodgers1175
I’m a Play the Moments guy too (12-minute quarters) and even then the flaws are apparent. One weird example: when it brings me in on a 4th down on defense, the coach suggestions will say “fake field goal” and whatcha know, the CPU fakes the field goal.

I upped my quarters to 12 as well. I wish we could dictate more of what happens during the sim though. My team is running way too much and I can't find a setting to change it... I know there's a run/pass balance option when creating a coach but I'm not seeing it now that I'm in the middle of a franchise. Anyone seen a way to adjust this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2021, 05:56 AM   #6
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

I'm an offense only kind of guy in my franchise. I get through the game quick and I know all the stats are "mine"

Been doing this for years and I have a blast
Old 03-03-2021, 08:55 AM   #7
MVP

scitychamps87's Arena

OVR: 3

My strategy is to play 4 full games each season along with the playoffs if I make them. The rest of the games I play exclusively Play the Moment. I think it makes franchise more about team building than stick skills. It also makes it more challenging while not losing the immersion of what's going on with your team.

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app
--5 Time Stanley Cup Champions--
Old 03-04-2021, 01:43 PM   #8
MVP

mdgoalie37's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
I'm an offense only kind of guy in my franchise. I get through the game quick and I know all the stats are "mine"

Been doing this for years and I have a blast
I'm doing offense only as well, but I'm playing all of the games as the home team. I get to play with all of the players and weird stuff doesn't bother me too much. I win a decent amount, though I have made the game more difficult. I only play 8 minute quarters so they go pretty fast. I don't do any of the coach/GM stuff. I also usually use coach suggestions to call plays, but I will occasionally do a formation sub to get other RBs some work. I also jacked up injuries since I'm playing every game.

I've had defensive games, offensive explosions, a recent game where my QB had a perfect 158.3 rating (Roethlisberger) and just a dreadful game using Cam Newton. Its been fun.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »