Home

Mike Aresco Declares American Conference is at a Crossroads

This is a discussion on Mike Aresco Declares American Conference is at a Crossroads within the College Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-16-2021, 09:01 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Mike Aresco Declares American Conference is at a Crossroads

I like the AAC and think it has a lot of potential but there going to have to find a replacement for UConn. I wonder if West Virginia would be interested since they have been a disaster in the Big 12 and if that doesn't work try to get Rutgers who people in the Big 10 would love to see gone.

Mike Aresco Declares American Conference is 'at a Crossroads'
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2021, 07:14 PM   #2
Rookie

tbennett54's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Mike Aresco Declares American Conference is at a Crossroads

What are you talking about WVU being a disaster in the Big 12? lmao they are one of the programs that are good in both football and basketball
Old 03-17-2021, 08:06 PM   #3
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbennett54
What are you talking about WVU being a disaster in the Big 12? lmao they are one of the programs that are good in both football and basketball
I am not agreeing with him, but it is easy to see why he calls them a disaster. Compared to what they did pre-Big 12, they have not lived up to expectations.

They have had one double digit winning season since joining nine years ago. They have had two 8 win seasons next to that. Their final nine seasons in the Big East saw four double digit winning seasons, and never less than 8 wins.

Arguably better competition is the answer as to why they have not had such success in the Big 12, but nonetheless, they have not lived up to expectations.

Sent from my Note 20 Ultra using Operation Sports mobile app

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 03-18-2021, 02:17 AM   #4
Rookie

They have been about as good in basketball in the Big 12 as they were in the Big East but I was talking about football. From 2003 - 2011 they won six Big East Champions and won three BCS Bowl games two of which were blowouts. They have not been close to that good since then.

Maybe I am just a stubborn old man but I miss the the old days when West Virginia, Pittsburgh, Penn State, Syracuse, and Boston College played one another every year. I often wondered what would have happened to the football landscape if Joe Paterno would have gotten his Eastern Conference off the ground.
Old 03-18-2021, 10:53 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado_Kid
I like the AAC and think it has a lot of potential but there going to have to find a replacement for UConn. I wonder if West Virginia would be interested since they have been a disaster in the Big 12 and if that doesn't work try to get Rutgers who people in the Big 10 would love to see gone.

Mike Aresco Declares American Conference is 'at a Crossroads'
No one from a p5 would ever consider going to the AAC. And I think with Rutgers they served their purpose of bringing the NY market. They don't make sports better but financially they make sense.

Nothing the AAC can really do but just continue to sell their programs, keep the football success they have had going, and pray that playoff expansion happens and includes a path for the non p5 schools. There's not really an actual move to be made that is going to change their situation of being the best g5 conference but never going to be considered a p5. They are what they are at this point imo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2021, 02:38 PM   #6
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuaGordon
Google pay 390$ reliably my last paycheck was $55000 working 10 hours out of consistently on the web. My increasingly youthful kinfolk mate has been averaging 20k all through continuous months and he works around 24 hours reliably. I can't trust how direct it was once I attempted it out. This is my essential concern...*For more info visit any tab on this site Thanks a lot GOOD LUCK..........www.right75.com
This is an amazing description for a friend

Watch me play video games
Old 07-29-2021, 12:16 AM   #7
MVP

RolePlayer's Arena

AAC might be about to level up
Old 07-29-2021, 01:01 AM   #8
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJets
No one from a p5 would ever consider going to the AAC. And I think with Rutgers they served their purpose of bringing the NY market. They don't make sports better but financially they make sense.

Nothing the AAC can really do but just continue to sell their programs, keep the football success they have had going, and pray that playoff expansion happens and includes a path for the non p5 schools. There's not really an actual move to be made that is going to change their situation of being the best g5 conference but never going to be considered a p5. They are what they are at this point imo
They would if said P5 conference completely dissolves. Sounds like the American might become that 5th P5.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football »