Home

RTTS 21 Starting Pitcher

This is a discussion on RTTS 21 Starting Pitcher within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-20-2021, 10:18 PM   #1
sk
God's Son.

sk's Arena

OVR: 3
RTTS 21 Starting Pitcher

Im sorry if this is in the wrong place but I have a two way player and I only have two pitches, a 4 seam FB and a changeup. How do I add more pitches?
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2021, 01:05 AM   #2
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: RTTS 21 Starting Pitcher

That is strange. During the one of the beginning coach scenes in the club house you should have been asked to choose three. But there is apparently no way to fix that once the choice is made. Even starting a new RTTS save will skip over that question since the pitches for the Ballplayer have already been chosen.

That is a big swing and miss by SDS in my opinion.

How to add more pitches is a question that a lot of people have. I have not seen a definitive answer yet.
Old 04-21-2021, 10:51 PM   #3
sk
God's Son.

sk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolenz
That is strange. During the one of the beginning coach scenes in the club house you should have been asked to choose three. But there is apparently no way to fix that once the choice is made. Even starting a new RTTS save will skip over that question since the pitches for the Ballplayer have already been chosen.

That is a big swing and miss by SDS in my opinion.

How to add more pitches is a question that a lot of people have. I have not seen a definitive answer yet.
what the

so im stuck forever being a fastball changeup starting pitcher?
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed"
Old 04-22-2021, 02:15 AM   #4
E=MC(2)

Mitchrapp's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk
what the

so im stuck forever being a fastball changeup starting pitcher?
On different characters yes. Of course you can change during a BP session but that's one at a time (and the new pitch is limited to one), and that's just dumb. RTTS blows.

Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Tigers
Michigan Football

I didn't mean to hit the umpire with the dirt, but I did mean to hit that bastard in the stands. -- Babe Ruth

Trying to sneak a pitch past Hank Aaron is like trying to sneak the sunrise past a rooster. -- Joe Adcock
Old 04-22-2021, 03:28 PM   #5
sk
God's Son.

sk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchrapp
On different characters yes. Of course you can change during a BP session but that's one at a time (and the new pitch is limited to one), and that's just dumb. RTTS blows.
wdym different characters? this is my first character and he only has a fastball and changeup.

I can change my pitches during a bullpen session?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2021, 03:35 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 20

During a bullpen session I was asked to change either my 2nd or 3rd pitch, but it was limited to what I could change it to.

Also, I see no way of adding a knuckleball as a pitch even though it still exists for certain players in the game.
Old 04-22-2021, 03:41 PM   #7
sk
God's Son.

sk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatoes002
During a bullpen session I was asked to change either my 2nd or 3rd pitch, but it was limited to what I could change it to.

Also, I see no way of adding a knuckleball as a pitch even though it still exists for certain players in the game.
how deep did you go before you did a bp session? ive pitched 4 games and have yet to have a bp session.

and even then, i can only change it right? i can't add pitches? so im stuck being a 2 pitch pitcher?
Old 04-22-2021, 03:59 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk
how deep did you go before you did a bp session? ive pitched 4 games and have yet to have a bp session.

and even then, i can only change it right? i can't add pitches? so im stuck being a 2 pitch pitcher?
It popped up after my 2nd starting pitching start, I’m not a 2-way player either if that matters.

I’ve seen no option to add another pitch, and would prefer to change a pitch to something different than was offered. Frustrating experience so far.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »