Home

Keep or sell, market advice needed

This is a discussion on Keep or sell, market advice needed within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-11-2021, 04:15 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Keep or sell, market advice needed

Okay so I'm currently sitting on 260k stubs and I have all of the Topps Now guys for Buxton. I'm wondering if I should just collect them and use some of them on my team and get the Buxton and just use my 260k to fill in holes, or if I should sell the Topps guys and forget Buxton for now.

If I sell I'll make around 160k, and I'll still have a decent team with the no-sell guys. Plus over 400k. If I don't sell I'll have a slightly better team, and Buxton.

Also, are the prices for these Topps guys going to drop soon, or will they maintain or even go up as people move into the May stuff?

Any advice would be appreciated!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2021, 04:47 AM   #2
MVP

Re: Keep or sell, market advice needed

You'll prob need Topps now guys later for big trout style collection... Whenever that drops their prices will rise

Buxton is super good... Plus you get Solak, burnes, ohtani, and vlad who are all usable. I won't use Barnes but I guess he's usable too...
Old 05-11-2021, 04:53 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValhallaVikings
You'll prob need Topps now guys later for big trout style collection... Whenever that drops their prices will rise

Buxton is super good... Plus you get Solak, burnes, ohtani, and vlad who are all usable. I won't use Barnes but I guess he's usable too...
What's the trout style collection?
Old 05-11-2021, 07:01 AM   #4
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kooch66
What's the trout style collection?
The last two years, SDS has included a very high-end card for an extensive collection (it was Honus Wagner in 2019 and a flashback Trout in 2020). These required you to collect a high volume of cards from all the different collection tabs. That collection was in like the July/August timeframe.

This included all the different legend/flashback categories (All Star, Monthly, Veteran, etc.) and some of the larger collection rewards (so like the Chipper this year or the 99 OVR Jackie from the 42 collection).

If you're a collector, it behooves you to hold onto cards so you have a step up. Last year; some collections needed for the Trout were REALLY hard to get. For example, Postseason cards were hard to get...folks that had sold some free bronze cards were having to buy them off the market and prices shot up (some were going for 100k+ stubs) as people were trying to complete the collection.

One general piece of advice. I strongly suspect that the gold prospect cards will be a collection element this year. You can earn these 'free' by playing through the US Conquest map (but, to earn them all, you'd need to play through it 5 times). Yes, you can buy them off the market...but even now, they are running about 5k each in the market...if they are part of the collection, they WILL shoot up in price big time. Get ahead of the curve, collect them and be ready.
Old 05-11-2021, 07:15 AM   #5
MVP

papadell's Arena

On top of what they already said, it really depends on what you want for your team. This Buxton card is nasty and can start for you for the next couple months, probably. It's a card with solid attributes that still plays above the attributes.

If you have zero desire to ever use him or the other Monthly cards then selling will you get you profit you might use on something else.

But I'm with them: knocking out the Monthly program is a good idea. It sets up the midseason collection (which I'm guessing has to be Hank Aaron or Albert Pujols this year) and will make that easier. You also get some really fun cards you can use for offline grinds or events even if they don't make your RS team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2021, 11:07 AM   #6
Ride on Kentucky Kid

doubledeuceR6's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
The last two years, SDS has included a very high-end card for an extensive collection (it was Honus Wagner in 2019 and a flashback Trout in 2020). These required you to collect a high volume of cards from all the different collection tabs. That collection was in like the July/August timeframe.

This included all the different legend/flashback categories (All Star, Monthly, Veteran, etc.) and some of the larger collection rewards (so like the Chipper this year or the 99 OVR Jackie from the 42 collection).

If you're a collector, it behooves you to hold onto cards so you have a step up. Last year; some collections needed for the Trout were REALLY hard to get. For example, Postseason cards were hard to get...folks that had sold some free bronze cards were having to buy them off the market and prices shot up (some were going for 100k+ stubs) as people were trying to complete the collection.

One general piece of advice. I strongly suspect that the gold prospect cards will be a collection element this year. You can earn these 'free' by playing through the US Conquest map (but, to earn them all, you'd need to play through it 5 times). Yes, you can buy them off the market...but even now, they are running about 5k each in the market...if they are part of the collection, they WILL shoot up in price big time. Get ahead of the curve, collect them and be ready.
Last year being my first year doing DD I made the mistake of selling those post season and rewards cards not knowing there'd be no way to get them other than the market. I still got the mid year collection but took me longer than it should have.

I definitely agree that you should hold onto the Topps Now cards. Nearly every diamond in the POTM are useable cards.

Thankfully this year they made grinding a bit easier and it's easier keep up with the grind. Last year TA was such a tedious grind unless you were just super good at showdown.
Twitter: @CQRDeuce @CQRclub
www.cqrclub.co.uk

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »