Home

No Slide Step with Pin Point?

This is a discussion on No Slide Step with Pin Point? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-16-2021, 02:55 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
No Slide Step with Pin Point?

Does anyone know.

Last edited by Impetuous65; 05-16-2021 at 03:39 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2021, 03:17 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: No Slide Step with Pin Point?

Same command as it always is - hold L2 while starting the motion. However, be aware that you really need to do the stick motion fast - the pitching motion will be as quick as a pitchout so you don't have much time.

You can tell how fast the game expects the motion to be by the shrinking circle where the main motion is supposed to end (before you slam the stick down on the release). When L2 I held it will correspond to the slide step delivery's release point.

Also, L2 doubles as the "look to lead runner" button when held for a couple seconds, so it might be less disorienting to only hold the button for a moment before starting the motion. You can also let go of L2 after starting the motion if holding it while doing the stick motion is too difficult.
Old 05-16-2021, 03:40 PM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Same command as it always is - hold L2 while starting the motion. However, be aware that you really need to do the stick motion fast - the pitching motion will be as quick as a pitchout so you don't have much time.

You can tell how fast the game expects the motion to be by the shrinking circle where the main motion is supposed to end (before you slam the stick down on the release). When L2 I held it will correspond to the slide step delivery's release point.

Also, L2 doubles as the "look to lead runner" button when held for a couple seconds, so it might be less disorienting to only hold the button for a moment before starting the motion. You can also let go of L2 after starting the motion if holding it while doing the stick motion is too difficult.
Thanks, I didn't see it in the controls listed for pinpoint, but it is in every other pitching controls.
Old 05-17-2021, 06:28 AM   #4
MVP

I don't think there is a slide step in pinpoint, I did what you prescribed 5 times in a row with a man on base and the motion is the same, and Matt doesn't even mention it at all. I switch to analog and did it and he mentions it on the 1st pitch I threw.
Old 05-17-2021, 06:57 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impetuous65
I don't think there is a slide step in pinpoint, I did what you prescribed 5 times in a row with a man on base and the motion is the same, and Matt doesn't even mention it at all. I switch to analog and did it and he mentions it on the 1st pitch I threw.
IDK why the commentary wouldn't acknowledge it for you, but this IS the slide step:

Hendricks' normal stretch is the 3rd pitch. There is a clear difference in the pitching motion. Also, Matt did mention it for me so that tells me it might not be triggering for you for some reason. But hopefully this clip shows that it does exist with Pinpoint.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2021, 08:04 AM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
IDK why the commentary wouldn't acknowledge it for you, but this IS the slide step:

Hendricks' normal stretch is the 3rd pitch. There is a clear difference in the pitching motion. Also, Matt did mention it for me so that tells me it might not be triggering for you for some reason. But hopefully this clip shows that it does exist with Pinpoint.
Wow, thanks. I have yet to hear them comment on slide step in PPP. Now I will go back to it, THANKS again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »