Home

Alternate Franchise Idea

This is a discussion on Alternate Franchise Idea within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2021, 03:46 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Alternate Franchise Idea

Hey all. I've done this the past few MLB Show iterations and it's been a nice change of pace to the franchise. I decide to pick one franchise (Toronto, for me) and I only play the AAA games. I leave all the management decisions on auto, so call-up / send downs are all AI controlled. It was very cool playing with some of the up and coming prospects, but equally challenging when you top stud pitcher you have finally gets the call to The Show and you get this fresh new guy up from AA or a send down from the majors. It was quite enjoyable even though it was frustrating to try and win as your roster was in constant flux throughout the year. Really gave a new perspective on what a minor league manager has to go through.

If any of you are looking for a new and different challenge this may be a fun try.

If anyone has other alternative thoughts for new ways to enjoy the game, please share.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2021, 03:55 PM   #2
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Alternate Franchise Idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyflame21
Hey all. I've done this the past few MLB Show iterations and it's been a nice change of pace to the franchise. I decide to pick one franchise (Toronto, for me) and I only play the AAA games. I leave all the management decisions on auto, so call-up / send downs are all AI controlled. It was very cool playing with some of the up and coming prospects, but equally challenging when you top stud pitcher you have finally gets the call to The Show and you get this fresh new guy up from AA or a send down from the majors. It was quite enjoyable even though it was frustrating to try and win as your roster was in constant flux throughout the year. Really gave a new perspective on what a minor league manager has to go through.

If any of you are looking for a new and different challenge this may be a fun try.

If anyone has other alternative thoughts for new ways to enjoy the game, please share.
Pretty cool idea right there.
Old 07-16-2021, 04:12 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

You can use AA teams as well though those teams don't see quite the amount of roster flux as AAA does. AAA seems to be the spot where guys go up and guys go down.

Having the AI control is key as it takes all the decisions out of your hands so you have to live with what you have on your roster that day. It can surely change tomorrow.
Old 07-16-2021, 07:29 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

It’s a great idea.

I came really close to doing a Trash Pandas franchise this year.
Old 07-16-2021, 08:21 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

the anti-franchise season: play every game as your most hated teams opponent. I'd like to play a 162 games against the Astr*s or Dodgers or Mets or Phillies. yeah, I hate a lot of teams lol but I like a lot of them too. and it would be great to put a crimp in LA's plans on a dynasty, maybe make 'em lose a hundred games this year

A Work in Progress
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »