Home

eFootball Trailer - What We Learned (For Better or Worse)

This is a discussion on eFootball Trailer - What We Learned (For Better or Worse) within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2021, 09:30 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
eFootball Trailer - What We Learned (For Better or Worse)

The excitement building up to the July 21 announcement by Konami was real. Speculation as to...

Written By: Kevin Groves

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2021, 11:28 AM   #2
Rookie

The Senator's Arena

OVR: 0
I learned that I have zero interest in buying into whatever this is going to end up being.* I'd rather put up with a half effort FIFA or an older PES than "E-Football".* No desire to play a bare bones online focused iteration, and I'd not be surprised if this is Konami's last major venture into the sport.
Old 07-22-2021, 11:51 AM   #3
Rookie

Poor Atalanta, poor Roma, poor Juve....
Old 07-22-2021, 12:09 PM   #4
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: eFootball Trailer - What We Learned (For Better or Worse)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Senator
I learned that I have zero interest in buying into whatever this is going to end up being.* I'd rather put up with a half effort FIFA or an older PES than "E-Football".* No desire to play a bare bones online focused iteration, and I'd not be surprised if this is Konami's last major venture into the sport.

I mean it’s free to play the basic modes so if it does suck you can always just delete it. It doesn’t cost you anything other than time to try it out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-22-2021, 12:18 PM   #5
Rookie

bapgap's Arena

Hopefully they are done paying for exclusive teams and we can have all the Serie A teams back in FIFA, along with the Camp Nou and Allianz Arena. I was a big PES fan and still play the 2021 season update, but have zero interest in this online garbage they are trying to do now. Master League has been poor since the move to PS3/4 and it doesn't look like it will change any time soon. Good thing we still have all the old games with realism mods on PC. That's the only way left to enjoy it.*

Put me in the category of going with FIFA from now on and only trying "eFootball" because its free.*
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2021, 12:28 PM   #6
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaiLeGran
Poor Atalanta, poor Roma, poor Juve....

I thought this some after we posted this.

This game has the potential to reach a lot more people than consoles + PC’s because of the price point. Clubs are all about global reach now.

PES 2020 sold 111 million copies worldwide across PC, Xbox/PS, and mobile (no video game sales #’s are 100% accurate but the same site has FIFA at ~323 which is 3x more and makes sense)

eFootball is going to be available on the same platforms as 2020 + Next-Gen + Most likely google stadia. And at the price point of $0.

It looks like the teams available at their initial release (late August) are all partners so if they can add say Atalanta that’s going to be a lot of initial downloaders with access to those clubs that signed exclusive deals. That’s probably attractive to those clubs.

Now mobile games, especially free ones are deleted and re-downloaded at a much higher rate than digital console games so the real measure will be “unique downloads”. I’m not sure we’ll ever have access to that number but the reach of a free game scaled to your gaming device’s specs is potentially huge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-23-2021, 05:24 PM   #7
Pro

You guys act as if they shifted focus towards online, when online is nothing more than a mobile game now. The game is only going to be worth playing for single player, online is completely ruined.
Old 07-24-2021, 11:35 PM   #8
Just started!

I have to go back to FIFA

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »