Home

Handball 21

This is a discussion on Handball 21 within the All Other Sports forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2021, 09:33 PM   #1
Rookie

Crazy Packers Fan's Arena

OVR: 0
Handball 21

Anyone play this game? I just got it. It has a steep learning curve - the first game I played I lost by 6 or 7 goals and couldn’t score the entire second half - but once you’ve learned how to play, it’s quite fun. I don’t follow handball beyond the Olympics, because it’s not a thing in the USA. But it’s one of my favorite sports to watch during the Olympics, which is why I have this a shot.

I don’t know some of the rules of handball, mainly what happens when the ball goes out of bounds. But even with that handicap, I’m finding this game to be a lot of fun. It took forever for me to learn how to score a goal. It’s not as easy as “press the button to shoot”; you’ve got to be free of any defenders in order to release the ball. Defense is similarly difficult; you don’t control one player as much as you push the defense in one direction or the other. Trying to push the opposing players is just going to lead to power plays for them.

I haven’t tried the league mode yet; I still have to learn how to win consistently before I plunge into that. I can say though that this game is right on par with modern-day Madden as it comes to features (not exactly a high bar to reach, of course). I wish it had create-a-player, but it does allow you to create a team Madden cards style.

If anyone else has tried this game, let me know what you think. It’s still early for me, but after getting the snot beat out of me before figuring out how to win, I feel like it’s a good challenge. Oh, and handball totally needs to become big in America. It’s probably the most exciting sport we don’t play here in the USA. As for this game, so far, so good!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2021, 08:13 AM   #2
All Star

RockinDaMike's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Handball 21

I would love to try it. What system are you on? I’m real interested in the game, they have leagues here in Manila and when this pandemic is over I’m gonna try it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Activision: MikeDeuce#1448

Teams: AZ Cardinals, Suns, Diamondbacks, Duke, Arizona State

IG FB
Old 08-04-2021, 01:41 PM   #3
Horror Movie Guru

Dead2009's Arena

As with most games, give me a CPU vs CPU mode and I'm sold.

Old 08-07-2021, 06:52 AM   #4
Rookie

Crazy Packers Fan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinDaMike
I would love to try it. What system are you on? I’m real interested in the game, they have leagues here in Manila and when this pandemic is over I’m gonna try it.
I have it on Xbox One. It's really fun once you've got the hang of it. Just aim low with all your shots.

On an unrelated note, my Xbox One stopped reading discs and now all I can do is buy digital games. Frustrating to me because I like buying budget sports games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports »