Home

Why are free agents still vanishing after years of it ?

This is a discussion on Why are free agents still vanishing after years of it ? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2021, 10:43 AM   #1
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

OVR: 0
Why are free agents still vanishing after years of it ?

I am really tired of free agents vanishing randomly it is so hard to set up a 32 team control then get all the rosters correct after the cpu screws then up. Then you find players vanish that they release, for example carter the 4th WR for Washington and they’d kick returner GONE

Cone on ea it’s 2021 now their doesn’t need to be a limit in free agents to randomly delete them in franchise you been doing it for about 6 to 7 years now! And there is no damm search function too so I spend time searching for these guys to make sure they are not sitting on another team or practice squad. I’m tired if resetting franchise all the time when I find a player removed
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2021, 11:16 AM   #2
Pro

sinthros's Arena

Re: Why are free agents still vanishing after years of it ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninertravel
I am really tired of free agents vanishing randomly it is so hard to set up a 32 team control then get all the rosters correct after the cpu screws then up. Then you find players vanish that they release, for example carter the 4th WR for Washington and they’d kick returner GONE

Cone on ea it’s 2021 now their doesn’t need to be a limit in free agents to randomly delete them in franchise you been doing it for about 6 to 7 years now! And there is no damm search function too so I spend time searching for these guys to make sure they are not sitting on another team or practice squad. I’m tired if resetting franchise all the time when I find a player removed
This is called the DeleteExcessFreeAgents() function, it happens when simming from preseason week 4 to week 1. On PC we can manually decide how many free agents per position the game keeps, the issue is that if you have the value too high the file can end up getting corrupted in later years. This is because the Player table, which stores data for all of the players in the franchise, goes up to 3961, so if the total amount of players goes above that it explodes.
tldr; Bad coding. Just make sure you've got everything you want set before going to the Regular Season.
Old 09-03-2021, 12:29 PM   #3
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinthros
This is called the DeleteExcessFreeAgents() function, it happens when simming from preseason week 4 to week 1. On PC we can manually decide how many free agents per position the game keeps, the issue is that if you have the value too high the file can end up getting corrupted in later years. This is because the Player table, which stores data for all of the players in the franchise, goes up to 3961, so if the total amount of players goes above that it explodes.
tldr; Bad coding. Just make sure you've got everything you want set before going to the Regular Season.
If PC was next gen, and the Franchise Editor worked on it, I would be fully capable of loving the game. Yeah, I wish I could edit uniforms, tattoos, game play and such, but the Franchise Editor gives you so much control. I even fixed the early sunsets on West Coast games by just shifting every game down in time. (Well, every game that would affect mine, including games that played earlier in the day, so I'd see completed scores like I'm supposed to. The only flaw was the kickoff times were off, but that's an acceptable trade).
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Old 09-03-2021, 07:09 PM   #4
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

It will be impossible to control this though. With no way of editing injuries you can’t keep more then 53 players after week 4. So you have to release players. Which is a risk with them to be vanish!

This is ridiculous I thought they would he’d fixed this after 7 years of it. I hadn’t played madden in a few years and thought maybe this was fixed along with not having to spend 30 mins making 32 team control

And yes I’ would have got the pic version had it been what it should have.
Old 09-03-2021, 07:36 PM   #5
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninertravel
It will be impossible to control this though. With no way of editing injuries you can’t keep more then 53 players after week 4. So you have to release players. Which is a risk with them to be vanish!

This is ridiculous I thought they would he’d fixed this after 7 years of it. I hadn’t played madden in a few years and thought maybe this was fixed along with not having to spend 30 mins making 32 team control

And yes I’ would have got the pic version had it been what it should have.
Possibly by editing their ratings you could save them (although maybe they get picked up by someone else)
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2021, 07:50 PM   #6
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
Possibly by editing their ratings you could save them (although maybe they get picked up by someone else)
In the past it actually used to be the lower rated guys would vanish. Now it’s completely random, as I see long snappers still there. (These guys are usually useless now because of the foster limits
Old 09-03-2021, 08:05 PM   #7
MVP

jerwoods's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinthros
i thought the player limit was 3'135 that what it is on ps4 ps5 xbox xbox1
Old 09-03-2021, 08:08 PM   #8
MVP

jerwoods's Arena

OVR: 1

to the op i think this year it's lower rated players and in my opinion on pc there should be no limit

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »