Home

Time to tone down chase down blocks and shot blocking? Or just chase down blocks?

This is a discussion on Time to tone down chase down blocks and shot blocking? Or just chase down blocks? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2021, 07:29 PM   #1
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5
Time to tone down chase down blocks and shot blocking? Or just chase down blocks?

I am cool with higher rated shot blockers, blocking a lot of shots. Deters people from spamming the paint just like real life. However, the chase down blocks should be toned down. People without this badge or high shot block ratings should not be pulling off some of these blocks.

Good ole Payton Pritchard with the chase down block.

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2021, 08:07 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Time to tone down chase down blocks and shot blocking? Or just chase down blocks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamarob
I am cool with higher rated shot blockers, blocking a lot of shots. Deters people from spamming the paint just like real life. However, the chase down blocks should be toned down. People without this badge or high shot block ratings should not be pulling off some of these blocks.

Go into sliders > attributes and lower CPU Block to like 35.
Old 09-24-2021, 02:46 AM   #3
Rookie

Re: Time to tone down chase down blocks and shot blocking? Or just chase down blocks?

I don't know bro....I've seen Nate Robinson block Yao Ming & Shaq in my day

Not saying I don't see your point, just saying ish happens.

I have a love hate perspective on the blocking system. At times it seems that there are far too many blocks. Especially by players who are not elite defensively, let alone good shot blockers.

I try to keep in mind that given the right opportunity anyone can be a great shot blocker. It's up to me not to give them that opportunity.

I love the aspect of having to play smarter. And those who don't get punished for it. Which was severely lacking the last two titles.

The game is still very new. I'll learn to adjust around it. But I'd vote to keep it the same.
Old 09-24-2021, 10:51 AM   #4
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:

Trae was slacking on that play. He underestimated Pritchard's ability to recover and get up off the floor lol!
Old 09-24-2021, 10:57 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 10

Better to have people’s hands contest shots opposed to their presence but yea chase downs hahaha. My dude 7’3 the distance you can cover is obscene. Check https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eDSaX7pLVuw

Obv worse online but pass lane steals is the same idea except people flyin thru lane blocking as I said ruins their new contest system.

-Smak
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2021, 11:41 AM   #6
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLSmak
Better to have people’s hands contest shots opposed to their presence but yea chase downs hahaha. My dude 7’3 the distance you can cover is obscene. Check https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eDSaX7pLVuw

Obv worse online but pass lane steals is the same idea except people flyin thru lane blocking as I said ruins their new contest system.

-Smak
Hahaha. Why you even show me that.

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes
Old 09-24-2021, 12:40 PM   #7
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLSmak

-Smak
Yeah, the chase down blocks in this game are pretty wild. I've blocked people's dunks where they're going up to dunk and I'm standing at the 3 point line.

Having said that, with the way shooting is right now and the way the aggressive dunks work for people that understand the timing, the wild blocks and steals have helped create a pretty balanced experience so far.

I wish 2K were able to tune it all so that it's realistic, but I'd rather have an exaggerated but balanced game than a game heavily tilted towards the offense.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 09-24-2021, 01:03 PM   #8
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:

Lol...it's definitely a love/hate relationship for me. Love it when I block the crap out of someone's shot, but hate it when someone does it to me. What's funny that there have been moments where I KEPT attacking the rim in the same possession despite being swapped multiple times. Attack the rim for a layup...block...get the ball back, and I try to quickly attack the rim again...block...different player gets the ball and I attack again...block.

Me: Damn...let me take this jumper, because CLEARLY you're not about to give me a layup or dunk, lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »