Home

Created playbook glitch?

This is a discussion on Created playbook glitch? within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-10-2021, 11:32 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Created playbook glitch?

In Madden’s past, even up to last year, in franchise you could assign a created playbook to the computer by using the workaround of assigning a backup player to your opponent and keeping the controller on the CPU side. This was the only way to give the CPU access to a created playbook otherwise the game would collapse.

Well, It seems that this workaround is gone, because when I tried it the game glitched out. I wonder if EA purposely took this away. But this was one of the ways in addition to sliders and trait adjustments that the user could add variety and challenge from the AI opponent, and it’s a shame it doesn’t work anymore. Has anyone else used this method in the past? And have you noticed the change?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2021, 02:41 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Created playbook glitch?

To confirm I tried exactly the same tactic as you on my PS5, as I wanted to increase the AI running plays. The exact same problem occurred. Whenever I tried to assign a created playbook to the AI and then move the controller to the middle the game will then crash when I launched via Ready.

I don't of course know if this was a deliberate decision by EA. Probably not.

The good news from my POV was that I went back to giving the AI different set playbooks and have found that both the Cleveland and Denver Playbooks both seem to churn out a healthy number of AI runs. The Arizona and Baltimore playbooks also have a healthy number of QB runs. So I will run with those playbooks for the AI in my upcoming franchise.

That said it is a shame as giving the AI better playcalling would improve the game no end.
Old 10-10-2021, 05:20 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccdeville
In Madden’s past, even up to last year, in franchise you could assign a created playbook to the computer by using the workaround of assigning a backup player to your opponent and keeping the controller on the CPU side. This was the only way to give the CPU access to a created playbook otherwise the game would collapse.

Well, It seems that this workaround is gone, because when I tried it the game glitched out. I wonder if EA purposely took this away. But this was one of the ways in addition to sliders and trait adjustments that the user could add variety and challenge from the AI opponent, and it’s a shame it doesn’t work anymore. Has anyone else used this method in the past? And have you noticed the change?
when you tested it, was the team you used from cfm, the home or away team. in the past they needed to be the away team.

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Old 10-10-2021, 06:24 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
when you tested it, was the team you used from cfm, the home or away team. in the past they needed to be the away team.
That's a good question. I actually didn't notice but i'll experiment again with that thought in mind. I always noticed though that even in the past I don't think it mattered as long as you assigned the CPU a backup player (usually a 3rd string QB) set up game, move the controller to your opponents side, assign the playbooks, leave the controller on that side and hit ready.

I have noticed this though. If you co-op your game, meaning place both controllers on the same side. The game will give you access to the player skill sliders for both CPU and player, including game options, penalties etc as if you're in play now. Interesting find.
Old 10-10-2021, 07:13 PM   #5
Just started!

OVR: 0

Very frustrating!! Wish we can find a work around! Hopefully next patch it will be corrected?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2021, 07:14 PM   #6
MVP

Just thought of 2 things it could be. Make sure instant start is off and the Total comtrol tab in the league ettings of cfm. if that thing is on. trick don’t work.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Old 10-10-2021, 07:17 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
Just thought of 2 things it could be. Make sure instant start is off and the Total comtrol tab in the league ettings of cfm. if that thing is on. trick don’t work.
I really wish that was the answer but that was the first thing I checked. I'm afraid it just doesn't work this year, unless someone finds some other clever workaround.
Old 10-10-2021, 07:58 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccdeville
I really wish that was the answer but that was the first thing I checked. I'm afraid it just doesn't work this year, unless someone finds some other clever workaround.
last year a guy, can’t remember who, showed me a way through play the moments. you only control 1 team and start the game with 2 controllers from play the moments screen. can’t remember if there were anymore tips. i think think the guy. that shared this with me was banned. maybe someone else will remember.

Teams finished:

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »