Home

How Often Are Squads Updated / Update Questions

This is a discussion on How Often Are Squads Updated / Update Questions within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-25-2021, 02:19 PM   #1
bjb
Rookie

bjb's Arena

OVR: 0
How Often Are Squads Updated / Update Questions

Hey All,

New to the game/series, so apologies if these are noob questions. A couple of questions below:

- How often are squads updated? Is this daily/weekly?
- Assuming weekly, is there a particular day during the week that squad updates happen?
- What is the purpose of websites like Sofifa? Seems like a huge database of sorts. It's showing updates from 10/22, but they're not reflecting in-game, why?

Thanks in advance!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2021, 04:21 PM   #2
Pro

jrnlgrn's Arena

Re: How Often Are Squads Updated / Update Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjb
- What is the purpose of websites like Sofifa? Seems like a huge database of sorts. It's showing updates from 10/22, but they're not reflecting in-game, why?

Thanks in advance!
A lot of people use sofifa to do their scouting instead of using the in game scouting. That way they know all the players attributes or can find wonder kids without scouting. I'm not really a fan as I think that makes it a bit to easy just looking it up instead of actually sending out your own scouts. Seems less realistic using sites like SoFIFA but in the end it's just preference.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 10-25-2021, 10:07 PM   #3
Rookie

ImmortalMindz's Arena

Re: How Often Are Squads Updated / Update Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrnlgrn
A lot of people use sofifa to do their scouting instead of using the in game scouting. That way they know all the players attributes or can find wonder kids without scouting. I'm not really a fan as I think that makes it a bit to easy just looking it up instead of actually sending out your own scouts. Seems less realistic using sites like SoFIFA but in the end it's just preference.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Operation Sports mobile app
Can't help myself because this is one of my biggest pet peeves - a ton of us use SoFIFA precisely because the way player scouting and transfers are done in FIFA is tedious and totally unrealistic. Everyone in the real world, including you and me, can pay for access to more in depth data than provided in FIFA on over 100,000 players all across the world.

We can access all that data with a few clicks but in FIFA I can only find out info on a selection of players and it takes weeks of in game time, plus the info disappears. Not to mention we have to scout them to learn their transfer value lol. Using a service like SoFIFA is actually far more realistic than this silly and poorly executed fog of war mechanic in FIFA. What FIFA does is more appropriate for youth level scouting.

But also we all really go to SoFIFA to check for real faces

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »