Home

Does individual player' game instruction even work?

This is a discussion on Does individual player' game instruction even work? within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-16-2021, 11:33 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 13
Does individual player' game instruction even work?

I do see when EA updates the roster, sometimes they change team formation and even each player's instruction like support runs is balanced width, attacking runs is get in behind, etc., but I question or I am not sure if they are actually important to how the player actually plays? Anyone can supplement?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2021, 11:31 AM   #2
Rookie

ImmortalMindz's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Does individual player' game instruction even work?

They are massively important.
Old 11-22-2021, 10:01 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalMindz
They are massively important.
Ok, so when I have two strikers, one is set as target man, the other is set as run in behind, how do i play to their strength please? the formation is 5-3-2, thanks!
Old 11-22-2021, 03:10 PM   #4
Rookie

ImmortalMindz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrose57
Ok, so when I have two strikers, one is set as target man, the other is set as run in behind, how do i play to their strength please? the formation is 5-3-2, thanks!
I'm not sure I understand your question. If you have a target man, you're going to use him to hold up possession, as a focal point for setting up others, to send crosses into, and for knocks-ons for other players. Just like irl.

With a second striker formation, using run behind (or run wide) instructions means you're using him to play balls behind the D line and to pull defenders out of position.

Also remember these must be in coordination with tactics. If you're playing a long ball tactic, it'd turn both of your forwards into making those runs behind. If you only want the one striker to make those runs, play with a different tactic or use different instructions.

If you need help with basic football fundamentals and tactics, Tifo Football on youtube is a very good resource.
Old 11-23-2021, 08:03 PM   #5
Banned

Yeah, I'm pretty new to soccer, so I have been watching some Youtube videos on tactics and such. It's helped my understanding of both the game and real life soccer.

These guy has helped me understand tactics a lot. They are clearly focused on FUT, but if you want to hear someone talk about every aspect of tactics, and why he changes ort doesn't change them, their pretty great.

Watching their videos got me thinking about why I would use those tactics, and it has made the game more fun. I don't use their set-ups at all, because I only play solo, and mostly just using Southampton in Career.

https://www.youtube.com/c/NealGuides
https://www.youtube.com/c/TheFIFAAnalyst

I'll be honest, they both come off as a bit obnoxious, but their videos are to the point and full of information. I don't really watch them much anymore, but it was a good way to dig into tactics for someone who really doesn't know soccer.

You have to remember, tactics also affect stamina, and usually more for specific position groups, depending on what you are doing. So you can set each player to aggressively go after interceptions, but you will wear them out.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »