Home

AI QBs still not getting out of the pocket

This is a discussion on AI QBs still not getting out of the pocket within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-23-2021, 07:19 PM   #1
MVP

Jagsfan24's Arena

OVR: 0
AI QBs still not getting out of the pocket

I know I posted about this before but I am again, I still am not seeing the cpu qbs rolling out of the pocket to scramble or try extending the play. I saw this quite a bit when playing the beta or EA access but especially lately I just don't see it. Plenty of times I look at replays and see qbs like Josh Allen or even Justin Fields that they could easily roll out and either scramble for yards or extend the play but yet the just stand in the pocket waiting for a receiver to get opened.

I don't necessarily get the qb statue stuff, once in a blue moon someone will roll out and then throw the ball away if pressure is in their face but if they have time in the pocket they stand there and wait and I was just seeing if someone has a fix or if anyone else is seeing this? If not maybe its my sliders
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2021, 07:59 PM   #2
Pro

Re: AI QBs still not getting out of the pocket

What difficulty do you play on? I play on AM and I just had a game where Kyler Murray got me for like 80 rushing and Lawerence avoided several sacks getting outside.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 11-23-2021, 08:29 PM   #3
Rookie

damion2721's Arena

This is just not true. I’ve played tons of games and the AI QB mobility is better and more realistic than its ever been. Default sliders FYI.
Old 11-23-2021, 08:43 PM   #4
Pro

utorde's Arena

OVR: 12

This is just yet another of many things that depends on your settings and sliders. I have also just recently learned what a difference it makes to delete the game and re-install after any game update and to delete your Madden profile any time you change settings/sliders. I have tried some setups and get the kinda game you're talking about with no CPU QB scrambling, no matter who it is, and with other setups I have had great outcomes.
Old 11-23-2021, 11:01 PM   #5
MVP

Jagsfan24's Arena

Huh ok maybe it’s just me then. I play on AM but maybe it’s my slider set up
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2021, 11:16 PM   #6
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by damion2721
This is just not true. I’ve played tons of games and the AI QB mobility is better and more realistic than its ever been. Default sliders FYI.
Yes, this is my experience too, but not on default sliders. It's rather extraordinary that any slider set could throw things so out of whack to where it somehow short circuits the phenomenal CPU QB AI that I see every game.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 11-24-2021, 02:41 AM   #7
Rookie

Richie71's Arena

What gen are you playing on?

QB AI is significantly upgraded on next-gen. Scrambling, and throwing options.
Old 11-24-2021, 09:11 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 21

If you are playing against pocket QBs who have Ideal for Sense Pressure and Force Passes, and have throw ball away set to No, you may see a lot of sacks and QBs not moving much. By default, EA has many QBs set to No for Throws Ball Away.

QBs have to be set to throw ball away to Yes and also Force Pass set to aggressive helps a lot.

Sense Pressure settings of Trigger Happy will make them get rid of ball, and Paranoid will make them take off a lot. Do not use Oblivious with a Pocket QB.

Pocket type is ok, but Balanced makes them move more. Scrambler will make them run way too often which is fine if in fact that mirrors what they do in real life.

Sent from my IN2019 using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »