Home

Female Coaches/Executives

This is a discussion on Female Coaches/Executives within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-04-2021, 12:09 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 11
Female Coaches/Executives

I was going through editing the Raptors staff and their CFO in real life is a female, but there are no female options for staff cyberfaces. Seems like an oversight, especially as more women take jobs on coaching staffs and in front offices.

Any way this could be fixed with an update? There are plenty of already available options in the game due to the inclusion of the WNBA and they add NBA scans via patch all the time so I would imagine its an easy fix.

This is on XB1, btw, I have no idea if its any different on next gen consoles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweeg
In all of the pre release CCM news people like Looman kept saying, "You might see a guy like Kurt Warner come out of retirement. Anything can happen."

He should have said "You will see Kurt Warner come out of retirement. That's about it."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2021, 02:49 PM   #2
Pro

vetmin's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Female Coaches/Executives

We've been asking for this for years, but they haven't implemented it. That said, apparently if you sim far enough into the future, female staff members start populating into your MyLeague / MyNBA.
Old 12-04-2021, 04:41 PM   #3
MVP

jk31's Arena

I mean like 95% of the staff (besides coaches and sometimes ***. coaches) are not even real. so what does it matter if its imaginary women or men who fill the staff positions.
Old 12-04-2021, 06:51 PM   #4
Pro

vetmin's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk31
I mean like 95% of the staff (besides coaches and sometimes ***. coaches) are not even real. so what does it matter if its imaginary women or men who fill the staff positions.
Because for comprehensive custom rosters they wouldn't be imaginary, they'd be the actual men and women on staff in real life (like setting Teresa Weatherspoon as the trainer for the Pels).
Old 12-04-2021, 07:45 PM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetmin
Because for comprehensive custom rosters they wouldn't be imaginary, they'd be the actual men and women on staff in real life (like setting Teresa Weatherspoon as the trainer for the Pels).
Right. And it's not as if it hurts anything for them to include female options, and it can't be too hard to implement.

I'm not saying it's a HUGE deal, but it's something that could and should be included in the game.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Quote:
In all of the pre release CCM news people like Looman kept saying, "You might see a guy like Kurt Warner come out of retirement. Anything can happen."

He should have said "You will see Kurt Warner come out of retirement. That's about it."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2021, 07:46 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetmin
We've been asking for this for years, but they haven't implemented it. That said, apparently if you sim far enough into the future, female staff members start populating into your MyLeague / MyNBA.
Interesting. I wonder why they'd include that but not simply have female options in the editor.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Quote:

Old 12-05-2021, 04:35 AM   #7
MVP

Kully's Arena

OVR: 22

On next gen you can hire women right at the beginning. I have 2 women assistant coaches (one will be a head coach because her stats are amazing), a woman trainer, and a woman lead scout. You don't even need to sim ahead, as soon as you start your mynba you can hire them.

They fixed it really on next gen. I haven't checked if the CFO can be a woman, but I'm sure it's possible.

Last edited by Kully; 12-05-2021 at 04:37 AM.
Old 12-05-2021, 09:43 AM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kully
On next gen you can hire women right at the beginning. I have 2 women assistant coaches (one will be a head coach because her stats are amazing), a woman trainer, and a woman lead scout. You don't even need to sim ahead, as soon as you start your mynba you can hire them.

They fixed it really on next gen. I haven't checked if the CFO can be a woman, but I'm sure it's possible.

Yep. I got a female coach for the Memphis grizzlies. So female coaches are definitely in the next gen game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »