Home

CPU lack of shots from the point?

This is a discussion on CPU lack of shots from the point? within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-16-2021, 05:01 PM   #1
MVP

LegendKillerOne's Arena

OVR: 0

Anything can be done in the settings to get the cpu to shoot more from the ouside?

Seems no matter what D I play all they want to do is get down to the circle area, Kills some of the realism it seems
NHL: Philadelphia Flyers
NCAAFOOTBALL: Miami Hurricanes
NCAABASKETBALL: Duke Blue Devils
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2021, 02:25 PM   #2
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamingCeo27
Anything can be done in the settings to get the cpu to shoot more from the ouside?

Seems no matter what D I play all they want to do is get down to the circle area, Kills some of the realism it seems

this is the reason I have stayed with nhl 20, where defenseman AI from the cpu was PERFECT when it came to point shots, manipulating wrist shots from points, joining in oddman rushes and sometimes even full cut breakaways. no game in ea series did it better than nhl 20 when it came to cpu defenseman ai on offense. It's also better than any 2k hockey when it came to this aspect as well.

THe lack of cpu dmen offense started in NHL 21.....and it has stayed the same for nhl 22. For me it's quite gamebreaking. If you play NHL 20 you will see an immediate difference.

Last edited by phillyfan23; 12-18-2021 at 01:01 AM.
Old 12-20-2021, 04:56 PM   #3
Pro

The EVHL's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: CPU lack of shots from the point?

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan23
this is the reason I have stayed with nhl 20, where defenseman AI from the cpu was PERFECT when it came to point shots, manipulating wrist shots from points, joining in oddman rushes and sometimes even full cut breakaways. no game in ea series did it better than nhl 20 when it came to cpu defenseman ai on offense. It's also better than any 2k hockey when it came to this aspect as well.

THe lack of cpu dmen offense started in NHL 21.....and it has stayed the same for nhl 22. For me it's quite gamebreaking. If you play NHL 20 you will see an immediate difference.
Which year did they add the better neutral zone? 21 right? Think that would be my issue going back despite agreeing that the CPU dmen are rather useless offensively.
Old 12-28-2021, 03:26 PM   #4
Rookie

Christian9's Arena

OVR: 6

Sorry, not looking at the game currently, but are there not any player attributes that can be modified for this?
Old 12-30-2021, 11:59 PM   #5
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HipNotiiC_x
Which year did they add the better neutral zone? 21 right? Think that would be my issue going back despite agreeing that the CPU dmen are rather useless offensively.

The problem with the neutral zone pressure in nhl 20 are sliders/team strategies.

If you take the time to edit those 2 things, you will have dmen stand u up at the blue line and have a messy game in the neutral zone. This combined with the cpu dmen off ai, makes for a great game imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2021, 12:01 AM   #6
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian9
Sorry, not looking at the game currently, but are there not any player attributes that can be modified for this?

I edited team strategy attributes for dmen ( max shooting tendency/ zero cycle tendency)

combined with maxing some player attributes like shot accuracy for dmen/ off awr just to test.

Made no difference whatsoever. It's just hardcoded into the game, which is terrible especially how they had this PERFECT to a tee in nhl 20. The karlsons, chabots, and Adam Foxs of the world will join rushes and look to blast shots from the point at any slight opening. Completely missing from nhl 21 and 22

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by phillyfan23; 12-31-2021 at 12:03 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »