Home

Madden 22 - Missing Formations & Plays

This is a discussion on Madden 22 - Missing Formations & Plays within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-26-2021, 05:01 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Madden 22 - Missing Formations & Plays

So I just got the new Madden and have started playing went to create a playbook.

WTF have they done to the formations and plays. A few of my most used plays aren't even in the game.

Cowboys - Empty Trips TE - This formation has been completely erased after being in the game for years. Was best formation in the gun if you had a good TE.

Secondly my money play, I-Form - Slot Flex - Play Action - Buc Shot

How many other plays have they gutted from the game. I know this has been an on going problem for years. But this year they took out my most used plays.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-26-2021, 05:39 PM   #2
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Madden 22 - Missing Formations & Plays

I complained about this a while back. They took out a couple great plays like QB blast from y trips trio, and virtually all under center trap runs. The trap from singleback Ace was great because you could flip it.
Old 12-27-2021, 03:05 PM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlluminatusUIUC
I complained about this a while back. They took out a couple great plays like QB blast from y trips trio, and virtually all under center trap runs. The trap from singleback Ace was great because you could flip it.
Singleback Ace still has 01 Trap. It's in the 49ers' and Saints' books.

Ace Overload, Deuce Close, Doubles, Doubles Y-Off, Trey, Spread, Trips Open, Wing Flex, Wing Pair, Y Off Trio, and Y-Trips all have 01 Trap.

Ace Overload, Spread, and Trips Open can't go into custom books.
Old 12-28-2021, 10:00 AM   #4
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkubus
Singleback Ace still has 01 Trap. It's in the 49ers' and Saints' books.

Where are you seeing this? I booted the game and neither the Saints or 49ers even have Singleback Ace, let alone 01 Trap. I checked on the "normal" and the live playbooks.

Quote:
Ace Overload, Deuce Close, Doubles, Doubles Y-Off, Trey, Spread, Trips Open, Wing Flex, Wing Pair, Y Off Trio, and Y-Trips all have 01 Trap.

Ace Overload, Spread, and Trips Open can't go into custom books.

Trap runs are still in shotgun, but the issue for me is that flipping the play requires a total formation shift. When its an even formation, you can just flip it without moving anyone to account for how the DL is lined up.
Old 12-28-2021, 10:19 AM   #5
MVP

I was using the playbook database at huddle.gg which appears to be out of date. Deuce Close for sure has the 01 Trap if you must have a symmetrical formation, and you can always playmaker the run out of Doubles or Y-Trips if you don't like the defensive alignment pre-snap.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2021, 01:21 PM   #6
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

Quote:
Where are you seeing this? I booted the game and neither the Saints or 49ers even have Singleback Ace, let alone 01 Trap. I checked on the "normal" and the live playbooks.

Trap runs are still in shotgun, but the issue for me is that flipping the play requires a total formation shift. When its an even formation, you can just flip it without moving anyone to account for how the DL is lined up.
Aren't you just able to flip run with the R stick without doing the flip play audible? Most traps are easily flipped this way from my experience.

Currently Playing:

NBA 2k24 (PS5)
Farming Simulator 22 (PC)
Elden Ring (PS5)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment
Old 12-28-2021, 04:30 PM   #7
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkubus
I was using the playbook database at huddle.gg which appears to be out of date. Deuce Close for sure has the 01 Trap if you must have a symmetrical formation, and you can always playmaker the run out of Doubles or Y-Trips if you don't like the defensive alignment pre-snap.

Thanks for the heads up on Deuce Close

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkycorm
Aren't you just able to flip run with the R stick without doing the flip play audible? Most traps are easily flipped this way from my experience.

As far as I am aware, you can't flip a run play unless the back is directly behind the QB. I have not found a way to use the right stick to flip any shotgun run play.
Old 12-28-2021, 05:08 PM   #8
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

Quote:
Thanks for the heads up on Deuce Close

As far as I am aware, you can't flip a run play unless the back is directly behind the QB. I have not found a way to use the right stick to flip any shotgun run play.

Hmmm. I thought it flipped the blocking on it only but kept the run the same since it is a straight down the middle run. Haven't played in about 6 weeks so my memory may be off here.

Currently Playing:

NBA 2k24 (PS5)
Farming Simulator 22 (PC)
Elden Ring (PS5)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »