Home

Best Sports Game Trend in 2021: College Sports Coming Back

This is a discussion on Best Sports Game Trend in 2021: College Sports Coming Back within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-05-2022, 06:29 PM   #1
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Best Sports Game Trend in 2021: College Sports Coming Back

When it comes to landslide victories with our awards, this is the one that had the...

Written By: Kevin Groves

Click here to view the article.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2022, 09:55 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Thinking about the marketability of a new college basketball game: would that sell more than NHL?
Old 01-06-2022, 10:59 AM   #3
Rookie

dirk1970's Arena

Re: Best Sports Game Trend in 2021: College Sports Coming Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettS22
Thinking about the marketability of a new college basketball game: would that sell more than NHL?

I don't think so. NHL sells well on the international market, but a college basketball game wouldn't.

The old NCAA games weren't even officially released outside the US/North America.
Old 01-06-2022, 03:24 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

They weren’t licensed or released no but loads and loads of us imported them and loved them. For a game you couldn’t buy… the NCAA games were popular…… I’m in England and imported the 2k and EA college games for years
Old 01-06-2022, 04:46 PM   #5
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettS22
I think the first version would have a good chance just due to that extended break, but probably NHL in the longer term worldwide. Still, a college game maybe doesn't have to abide by every rule of a normal "pro" game in terms of release structure and pricing so who knows how some college games could look.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2022, 10:01 AM   #6
Rookie

BannaCricket's Arena

I can't image that there are many people outside of North America who give a darn about US college basketball. It maybe something of a novelty to some, but it's arrogant*to assume that the world has been eagerly waiting a new college basketball title.*
Old 01-13-2022, 12:04 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 3
Best Spots Game Trend Of The Year: The Possibility of a game returning in a future year. Yikes/
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!
Old 01-18-2022, 01:46 PM   #8
All Star

OVR: 13
I understand that college basketball is a niche sport, but personally, NBA2K with college skins/atmosphere and an NCAA tournament would be much more interesting to me than almost any other game (of any type) that could be released.* But if the finances don't make sense, I guess you can't argue with that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »