Home

Old 02-22-2022, 03:17 PM   #1
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

OVR: 0
Some news

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/...-sports-games/

If that’s they way they are going then so be it, but consider me extremely disappointed. Back to football video gaming hell, at least the hype and speculation was fun.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2022, 03:34 PM   #2

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Some news

I think when that article is referencing football it’s talking a out soccer.

No other reason would they line up the football release to coincide with the World Cup.
Old 02-22-2022, 04:02 PM   #3
All Star

OVR: 21

I'm in. I'd agree if they're going the Lego route it's a little underwhelming, but 2K really is hamstrung by the EA/NFL/NCAA simulation exclusivity deals. Until seeing the NFL caricature commercial during the Super Bowl a few weeks ago, I don't think most people had a clue of a good direction for 2K to take with this arcade football game.

One plus with the Lego titles is although they're super-cartoonish, there have been some well-playing Lego titles released. I don't like the idea of seeing those Lego character stiff legs in an NFL game. But I'd argue Madden animates atrociously, with some silly body proportions on many of the player models. 2K shouldn't be held to some ridiculously high standard when people have been accepting of that for the past decade+ with a game that has had every advantage.

Going the Lego route also opens up the market that much more, and could make their game potentially more financially viable. If they go the Lego route, it makes sense in a lot of ways. I'll keep an open mind for whatever title they release if only because I'm sick of EA/Madden being the only option for football simulation games. I haven't purchased the game since I can remember and refuse to further legitimize their product with a purchase. But many people do. And that's the reason NFL/NCAA football gaming is in the state it is today.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 02-22-2022, 04:08 PM   #4
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
I think when that article is referencing football it’s talking a out soccer.

No other reason would they line up the football release to coincide with the World Cup.
“The football title should release later this year to coincide with the FIFA World Cup, followed by the racing game in 2023. A third Lego sports title is also in development, based on a major sports franchise, sources said.”
Old 02-22-2022, 04:18 PM   #5
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Better than a **** card game.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2022, 04:26 PM   #6
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Better than a **** card game.
Cards w/ Lego pieces on them for VC, it's the future.
Old 02-22-2022, 04:52 PM   #7
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Some news

A crossover between LEGO and NFL could be a fun alternative take on the sport! Maybe like Mutant Football League but with a much lighter and more playful tone; start at the whimsy of The LEGO Movie - which was excellent - and work from there. The thought of a running back LEGO minifigure getting decleated and falling apart into a million pieces then making some fourth-wall-breaking commentary about his new predicament is tickling my brain.

As long as no one enters that game expecting NFL 2K or All Pro Football, it will probably turn out just fine. The LEGO Group doesn’t hand out their license to just anyone, and I can’t remember the last LEGO video game that wasn’t at least “pretty good”.

Last edited by CM Hooe; 02-22-2022 at 04:54 PM.
Old 02-22-2022, 06:24 PM   #8
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

This article is brand new. 2k just secured the Lego license. They’ve been working on a new football title since 2020. I wouldn’t be surprised if 2k did do a Lego NFL eventually as the other major sport but I doubt this is the football game 2k was ready to release last holiday season before the NFL said it had to release before football season starts

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K »