Home

MTO Thoughts

This is a discussion on MTO Thoughts within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-05-2022, 04:51 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
MTO Thoughts

Lots to like about this mode this year. I have gone through 1 season. Last year a majority of games started in 6th inning...this year...way more variations. More player locks and minor league call up opportunities along with many games start in the 8th inning.

Things I'd like to see changed...when one of your players becomes a free agent and you sign them back they get that generated photo...hoped they would keep their picture Also, would be a nice addition to be able to change your uniforms as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2022, 05:17 PM   #2
Rookie

abclefty12's Arena

Re: MTO Thoughts

Was waiting for someone to get through a full season to provide some thoughts on the off-season improvements. Would love to hear more of yours.

Also, is there any motivation to make trades at the trade deadline for next year versus going all out for the current season? Planning on playing with the long shot Reds and trying to win it all in year one just doesn’t seem as fun or realistic to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-05-2022, 05:36 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by abclefty12
Was waiting for someone to get through a full season to provide some thoughts on the off-season improvements. Would love to hear more of yours.

Also, is there any motivation to make trades at the trade deadline for next year versus going all out for the current season? Planning on playing with the long shot Reds and trying to win it all in year one just doesn’t seem as fun or realistic to me.

I was offered quite a few trades and didn't accept one. Mainly because I was the Nationals and they wanted some of my young talent. Going all in during the current season may kill you once free agency starts...can't be going over the cap and a nice addition when checking free agents out the players you cannot offered will have a notification on them. It's really well done. Also, not all the free agents you target will sign with you...a larger percentage never signed with me. I did have to make some tough decisions...I was aiming for a 2nd baseman and it took 3-4 weeks to get his interest up to 40%...it needs to be 50% to offer a contract. I didnt want to lose out on more players so I took him off my target list. Love that you can do multiple seasons with MTO!!
Old 04-05-2022, 05:39 PM   #4
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
MTO Thoughts

I’m having a blast in with MTO so far. This is likely my mode of choice this year.

Last edited by bkrich83; 04-05-2022 at 06:54 PM.
Old 04-05-2022, 06:05 PM   #5
Rookie

abclefty12's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamingfranchise
I was offered quite a few trades and didn't accept one. Mainly because I was the Nationals and they wanted some of my young talent. Going all in during the current season may kill you once free agency starts...can't be going over the cap and a nice addition when checking free agents out the players you cannot offered will have a notification on them. It's really well done. Also, not all the free agents you target will sign with you...a larger percentage never signed with me. I did have to make some tough decisions...I was aiming for a 2nd baseman and it took 3-4 weeks to get his interest up to 40%...it needs to be 50% to offer a contract. I didnt want to lose out on more players so I took him off my target list. Love that you can do multiple seasons with MTO!!

Nice! I’m hoping when/if I’m out of contention at the deadline, there will be some offers from some contending teams to position me better for next year. Excited to jump in and find out. Glad feedback is positive so far!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2022, 06:11 PM   #6
Rookie

fuhrsy's Arena

Anyone know how many seasons you can play?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 04-05-2022, 06:12 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 5

Yea, looks like this is the mode I am going to play the most. I really like the new trade features that SDS showed in their Franchise/MTO video. I am excited to play MTO this year for sure!

Enjoy everyone!
Old 04-05-2022, 06:14 PM   #8
Rookie

abclefty12's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuhrsy
Anyone know how many seasons you can play?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Operation Sports mobile app

Thought they said 3 in the stream but can’t remember for sure.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »