Home

Super Mega Baseball 3 Career Stats Coming in the Next Patch

This is a discussion on Super Mega Baseball 3 Career Stats Coming in the Next Patch within the Super Mega Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Super Mega Baseball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-26-2021, 08:55 PM   #9
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Super Mega Baseball 3 Career Stats Coming in the Next Patch

Quote:
Players in Franchise mode will resign based on how long they’ve been with your team rather than their age.
Can anyone expand on this more?

I haven't played franchise yet, and I don't know how this is an improvement. I'm not saying it's not, I'm just saying I don't know what the problem was and what this resolves. Like, does this kick them off your particular team sooner, or if they're on your team longer then they're less inclined to resign?

Also, does "resign" mean "retire" or does it mean leaves your team for another team?

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keirik
It’s great news, but I guess this means we aren’t getting a new version this year....damnit !
I didn't expect it anyway. Some people were thinking they should move on to other sports, but I hope they can perfect this franchise if possible.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 02-27-2021, 05:58 PM   #10
MVP

Keirik's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer

I haven't played franchise yet, and I don't know how this is an improvement. I'm not saying it's not, I'm just saying I don't know what the problem was and what this resolves. Like, does this kick them off your particular team sooner, or if they're on your team longer then they're less inclined to resign?

Also, does "resign" mean "retire" or does it mean leaves your team for another team?

Thanks.

I didn't expect it anyway. Some people were thinking they should move on to other sports, but I hope they can perfect this franchise if possible.
I think this is the perfect sport for them. I just want a perfected franchise, flushed out create a stadium, and some expansion to their rpg elements with progression and regression to give an indefinite experience.
Old 02-28-2021, 12:36 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

Will the patch include other features like alternate team uniforms?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2021, 11:45 AM   #12
MVP

ComfortablyLomb's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY State of Mind
Will the patch include other features like alternate team uniforms?
Nope. People have asked since release and no word on that. The game could really benefit from alternates too given how easy to use and workable the uniform creator is in this game.
Old 03-09-2021, 09:26 AM   #13
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer

Thanks.

They are showing great support - I'm one who thinks they can move on as I've owned all 3 and played 1&2 the most and 3 my interest has trailed off. It's an 'evergreen' game as it's not reliant on real players and now with the career stats people can be set for quite some time.

Because they are canadian I think some expect hockey next, but I'm thinking that could be possible because of the simplicity vs something like football. They may not even go with sports who knows. The other part of me thinks they have a successful franchise and it's safer to just keep making baseball games, but sooner or later they will have to move on because it will be too hard to sustain a player base for too long.
Old 03-09-2021, 03:29 PM   #14
Rookie

I really hope they make a hockey game.
There are enough football games.
We need a different hockey game. I for one, would love one with fictional players.

As for the baseball game. I think all they need to add in Super mega baseball, is a homerun derby and stadium creator.
Old 03-28-2021, 02:38 PM   #15
Rookie

For what's it's worth...hopefully devs will see or someone can relay the info. This may turn into a ramble and this might not be the correct place for it. But it has to be said...

This game is awesome. Call me crazy, but it might be the best sports game in the past 5 years. I have genuinely enjoyed it. Instead of forcing myself to like it like I would 2k or madden (coming from someone who doesn't care for baseball). It is a great combination of arcade and sim.

It cannot be said enough. Giving the player freedom goes a long way. I wasn't shoehorned into a professional league where I already knew which teams were good. I created a 32 team league. Mostly customized. It has kept me invested. I can even edit any team or player at any time without having to restart. Seems simple but kudos for that freedom.

Gameplay is solid. Doesn't feel scripted or unfair. It's just fun and enjoyable. I've seen some realistic and hilarious things. From pinch running, small ball setting up a walk off suicide squeeze. To having my pitcher take a line drive to the skull. It's hard not to have a smile on your face while playing this game.

This game, whether it was meant to be or not feels like the reincarnation of Baseball Stars for the NES.

All that being said. I would like to offer up some suggestions that would take this game (hopefully) or SMB4 to the next level. In my opinion....

Im not a game creator so idk how easy these would be to implement but here goes...

Online franchise (my biggest wish for the game)

-- yes. Online leagues are added, but unless you have 20+ friends willing to play its hard to get a full "league". With my custom league, let me have maybe 4-5 users join and create their team. That way the season isn't just user vs user. Give us AI teams to play. Add in the roster management and development and boom.

Better batter AI

--i believe I read this on another post but differentiation of batters would be cool. Sometimes they all feel the same. I could be wrong, but idk if I've ever seen a swing and a miss on a pitch that wasn't a strike out?

Contracts

-- Franchise is great. But roster management could be better. Multiple year contracts would be nice instead of keeping the same roster in tact year after year. The player for player free agency could be improved.

Rookie draft

-- let us draft some prospects. Maybe there is some "fog" to their ratings and we may get a gem or a future ball boy. Something is better than nothing.

File Share

Teams and roster..let us share them please.

More customization options
-- its great how it is, but why not more? Haha. This includes stadium creator, more uniform options, player equipment/cosmetic options.

Roster share

Roster and team design sharing

Awards in franchise
--

Who's the mvp?

Best pitcher?

Golden gloves?

Natural player progression/regression?

This might be in the game, but have players gradually progress without having to spend money. Again this could be in the game, but a C+ 20 year old should gradually progress with playing time and good play to a B or maybe A over the course of multiple seasons. Same with an aging vet, maybe they diminish after their prime.

Announcer
-- does the PA announcer ever say player names? I haven't heard it. If commentary is never added then this would be great. Even having the PA announcer say random stuff during dead time.

Crowd
-- just better crowds. Just have them get amped up more after big plays. Maybe some generic chants. A "white out" or "team color out" or something for playoff games. Terrible towels? Cow bell? Give them some more life. Camera shake? Haha idk what the answer would be. But I love a rocking crowd for big moments.

Again, I love this game. I'm 3 years into my franchise. If none of these are added I will continue to play it. But this is just wishful thinking.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Super Mega Baseball »