Home

Tennis World Tour Roland-Garros Edition Arrives on May 28, Adds Rafael Nadal, Kristina Mladenovic, Optimizations & More Content

This is a discussion on Tennis World Tour Roland-Garros Edition Arrives on May 28, Adds Rafael Nadal, Kristina Mladenovic, Optimizations & More Content within the Tennis forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-06-2019, 06:34 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Tennis World Tour Roland-Garros Edition Arrives on May 28, Adds Rafael Nadal, Kristina Mladenovic, Optimizations & More Content

Tennis World Tour: Roland-Garros Edition is coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC and Switch on...

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2019, 08:57 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Tennis World Tour Roland-Garros Edition Arrives on May 28, Adds Rafael Nadal, Kri

So, one year later after the atrocious Tennis World Tour release, where they admittedly released an absolutely incomplete version of a tennis game charging $60 for it and not fixing for a full year, they decide now to release ANOTHER version of the game and charge again for it???

So everybody that bout their incomplete game for $60 last year can just get screwed???

I have no idea how anyone can buy anything from those developers ever again, it's just a big scheme with absolutely ZERO respect for their customers.

My advise is to runaway from this game and if you want to play a tennis game buy AO International Tennis that also had problems on release but at least the developers always tried to upgrade the game and finish their product without charging anything from people that already have bought the game.
Old 05-08-2019, 06:52 AM   #3
Rookie

Re: Tennis World Tour Roland-Garros Edition Arrives on May 28, Adds Rafael Nadal, Kri

Whilst the developer obviously share part of the blame, I think that the publisher, BigBen Interactive, is a thoroughly disreputable publisher with a track record of poorly made and supported titles in its portfolio. It was Alan Falc of Bigben that admitted that Tennis World Tour was not finished (the much touted online was postponed DAYS before launch) and had to release it for 'marketing reasons' but then boasted it was still a financial success due to pre-orders and because the physical discs were sold on a non-returnable basis!

Now a year later, as publisher with the rights to the tennis tournaments, pros etc, they've used the same developer (that basically went radio silent in the months after launch until the patches started to trickle out), decided to re-release the same core game with a few updates and expect the poor sods that made the first one 'a financial success' to rebuy it all over again?

I actually sort of liked Tennis World Tour (after 6 months or so of patches) but it was still average at best... but I think BigBen are a despicable company.
Old 05-09-2019, 08:57 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Couldn't believe when I read this is not free. A separate game to rebuy for anyone wanting to play who bought the first one vs. an update (patch) with the newest game content. Even an add on for any kind of $ isn't acceptable given the state of the original game. I bought the first one and I like to play online and it was unplayable. No way I'm buying this one unless 1,000 posts are made declaring this game the best tennis game ever. What's next, Tennis World Tour Wimbledon Edition arrives July 5th and then Tennis World Tour U.S. Open Edition arrives September August 30th. That's another $120.
Old 05-11-2019, 09:54 AM   #5
Rookie

Cam Fan's Arena

Totally agree with everyone...now they've lost a large percentage of loyal customers, who will have a long memory if/when its successor is released.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2019, 08:56 PM   #6
Rookie

Putting aside the value / morality of this 'new' edition, something very odd is happening with the Uk version... their facebook page celebrated its release today, the stores thought it was meant to be released today and it IS available for Xbox 1 at least on the MS store as both a complete edition, separate dlc and a dlc upgrade (which strangely misses out on Nadal in its content list)... but on other sites it appears to have been pulled from various storefronts... up until yesterday the disc / cartridge was being advertised on places like Amazon UK, retailer Argos etc and now Amazon just links to a German retailer that doesn't ship to UK, Argos google ads still appear but link to a dead page and the Switch version is neither on the digital store or available to buy physically anywhere...

So either the physical release had been dropped / delayed literally 24 hours before it was due to release or the date was wrong (except it did release on XBOX and PS4 digital storefronts). Whatever went wrong, its another fine example of BigBen's super professional publishing and marketing expertise :-)

Last edited by nicols; 05-23-2019 at 09:02 PM.
Old 05-27-2019, 09:26 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicols
Putting aside the value / morality of this 'new' edition, something very odd is happening with the Uk version... their facebook page celebrated its release today, the stores thought it was meant to be released today and it IS available for Xbox 1 at least on the MS store as both a complete edition, separate dlc and a dlc upgrade (which strangely misses out on Nadal in its content list)... but on other sites it appears to have been pulled from various storefronts... up until yesterday the disc / cartridge was being advertised on places like Amazon UK, retailer Argos etc and now Amazon just links to a German retailer that doesn't ship to UK, Argos google ads still appear but link to a dead page and the Switch version is neither on the digital store or available to buy physically anywhere...

So either the physical release had been dropped / delayed literally 24 hours before it was due to release or the date was wrong (except it did release on XBOX and PS4 digital storefronts). Whatever went wrong, its another fine example of BigBen's super professional publishing and marketing expertise :-)
I'm guessing that was a temporary issue....because it appears to be in stores now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Tennis »