Home

When was the last time WWE/Raw had a face as the General Manager?

This is a discussion on When was the last time WWE/Raw had a face as the General Manager? within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-15-2008, 09:12 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 62
When was the last time WWE/Raw had a face as the General Manager?

I know I stopped watching for a little while, but looking back it seemed that Eric Bischoff was the GM most of that time period. So I ask, when was the last time we had a face as a General Manager?

I remember Mick Foley took on the role (around 2000) and was very much a face. Was that the last time?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2008, 09:41 AM   #2
All Star

OVR: 20
Re: When was the last time WWE/Raw had a face as the General Manager?

Austin in '03, I think. Yeah, it's been a long time on Raw.
Old 04-15-2008, 09:58 AM   #3
Banned

I thought Bischoff was the GM from 2002-2005, but Austin in 2003 fell when I had stopped watching.

I miss the days when Mick was the GM, the skits he did with Edge and Christian were priceless. I still remember him coming out during a PPV (July 2000?) during the title match between The Rock and Chris Benoit and restarting the match. That was one helluva an underrated match from an historic perspective, The Rock really showed he could wrestle with the likes of Benoit in that match, and if you ask me his version of the Cross Face Crippler (or Crippler Cross Face, I always say it wrong and it never looks right typed out) was better than the way Benoit did it.
Old 04-15-2008, 10:18 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 7

Technically, Mick Foley was the commisioner, like Shawn Michaels, Gorilla Monsoon, Sgt. Slaughter and Jack Tunney before him. Bischoff was the first GM.
Old 04-15-2008, 10:24 AM   #5
Banned

Is there really a difference between a Commissioner and a GM?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2008, 12:09 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 7

David Stern - Commisioner

Danny Ainge - GM

But in the world of wrestling, no there isn't a difference
Old 04-15-2008, 05:57 PM   #7
All Star

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
I thought Bischoff was the GM from 2002-2005, but Austin in 2003 fell when I had stopped watching.

I miss the days when Mick was the GM, the skits he did with Edge and Christian were priceless. I still remember him coming out during a PPV (July 2000?) during the title match between The Rock and Chris Benoit and restarting the match. That was one helluva an underrated match from an historic perspective, The Rock really showed he could wrestle with the likes of Benoit in that match, and if you ask me his version of the Cross Face Crippler (or Crippler Cross Face, I always say it wrong and it never looks right typed out) was better than the way Benoit did it.
Yeah, I missed Austin as GM, too. I only found out about when I watched some older DVD.

And that Rock/Benoit match was great. Me and my brother were marking out HARD when Benoit won. Then when it got restarted my brother threw a bowl of popcorn across the room. Ah, good times. I hate to sound like some over dramatic nerd, but that was an all time favorite of mine.

I tracked the match down about a month back and it was still as good. Just a little different, though...
Old 04-16-2008, 08:55 AM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiggidyJames
Yeah, I missed Austin as GM, too. I only found out about when I watched some older DVD.

And that Rock/Benoit match was great. Me and my brother were marking out HARD when Benoit won. Then when it got restarted my brother threw a bowl of popcorn across the room. Ah, good times. I hate to sound like some over dramatic nerd, but that was an all time favorite of mine.

I tracked the match down about a month back and it was still as good. Just a little different, though...
It really seems to be a shame that people forget The Rock was actually a pretty good technical wrestler. Sure he wasn't Benoit or Kurt Angle, but in comparison to the other superstars who were as big as he was (Hogan, HHH, Cena, etc) to me he is better in the ring than any of them. It is a shame he wasn't a littler older or Ric Flair wasn't a little younger, a feud between them in their primes would have been amazing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »