Home

WWE NXT Thread

This is a discussion on WWE NXT Thread within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-17-2010, 11:17 PM   #17
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: WWE: NXT Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by matttype
Yeah, I'm pretty excited about this. I think that this could definitely be an interesting show. It does sound like a Ultimate Fighter/Tough Enough mix, which is fine with me. I assume there will still be kayfabe in it, because Vince probably wouldn't want to completely break it.

I too am disappointed that Low Ki won't be on it. I had read that him and Danielson would be the two focal points, so I guess that was wrong.

what is kayfabe? I keep hearing people say it but i cant even guess what it is
Old 02-18-2010, 12:35 AM   #18

Bruins's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade44
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=kayfabe

Old 02-18-2010, 12:36 AM   #19
Banned

ChrisHero's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade44
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kayfabe
Old 02-18-2010, 12:38 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 2

Kayfabe is the keeping of wrestling being "real" all the time. The characters hate each other and such and won't be seen as any other way outside of the ring. Breaking it would be revealing that enemy wrestlers are actually friends (MSG incident) or showing true personalities. Something close to this anyway, hope it helps
Old 02-18-2010, 10:00 AM   #21
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titans402
Kayfabe is the keeping of wrestling being "real" all the time. The characters hate each other and such and won't be seen as any other way outside of the ring. Breaking it would be revealing that enemy wrestlers are actually friends (MSG incident) or showing true personalities. Something close to this anyway, hope it helps

thansk man, and thanks chris hero, and thanks to the dude with the google link, that was pretty cool too lol

so many terms these days man, seriously. its like learning a new language. people are now using the terms wrestlers use I guess. I remember when I used to watch, Mankind came out with a book and in it he explained the whole "heel/face" concept and then all my friends were running around calling people heels and faces,etc im like wtf is this, until they explained it lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2010, 11:36 AM   #22
Outback Jesus

OSUFan_88's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lintyfresh85
Superstar/Rookie Pairing

Chris Jericho - Wade Barrett

CM Punk - Darren Young

Matt Hardy - Justin Gabriel

Christian - Heath Slater

Carlito - Michael Tarver

MVP - Skip Sheffield

The Miz - Daniel Bryan (Bryan Danielson)

R-Truth - David Ortunga
Carlito? WTF?

Anyway, I am very interested in this show. I, of course, will watch Danielson and I'm interested in the whole Punk thing. Could be cool if Punk had to mentor a guy who is alternative.

Urban Meyer is lol.
Old 02-18-2010, 10:38 PM   #23
All Star

OVR: 20

There's no way Miz/Bryan isn't going to be one of the greatest things in the history of the universe.

With the headline "NXT Controversy" on the front page, you can find a link to Miz's blog...or you can read it below.

Quote:
There has been a lot of controversy this week about me mentoring Daniel Bryan on WWE's new show, WWE NXT.

I've read a lot of interviews, blogs, ect. about the matter and they all seem to be asking the same thing. "Why is The Miz mentoring Daniel Bryan when Daniel Bryan has wrestled all over the world for 10 years plus?"

It's come to my knowledge that some members of the WWE Universe think they know everything about WWE and what it takes to be a WWE Superstar. They think that if a guy does well in the independent minor leagues, then all of a sudden he should be in the WWE.

They think that if a guy can main event in front of a hundred people at a bingo hall, then he's ready to main event at WrestleMania. Just because fans on the Internet say you’re ready doesn't mean you really are.

Just because a fat guy with no teeth who sits in the front row, buys your T-shirt and says you're the king of wrestling, doesn't mean you really are.

What the WWE Universe doesn't understand is there is so much more then I can describe in a single blog involved in being successful in the WWE.

My job is to make Daniel Bryan a star in the WWE, because let's face it, if you look at a picture of him right now, do you think STAR?

No, Daniel Bryan looks like my accountant ... ordinary and bland.

Maybe if he had The Miz's charisma and look, he would have been in the WWE by now. Don't hate on me because it didn't take me a decade to get a WWE contract and go down in WWE history to be the first Superstar to win the United States Title and Unified Tag Team Titles.

Don't get me wrong, Daniel Bryan has all the talent in the world, but every wrestler has weaknesses. And that's what my job is, to find his weakness and make him the biggest star possible.

I just hope Daniel Bryan doesn't believe himself what these ignorant members of the WWE Universe believe about him, or WWE NXT is going to be a nightmare for him.
While it's obvious to anyone who isn't a completely jaded mark that Bryan is getting a push off this, Dave Otunga will probably get a ton of chances to become a star.

I'm very excited for this show to start.
Old 02-19-2010, 01:47 AM   #24
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiggidyJames
There's no way Miz/Bryan isn't going to be one of the greatest things in the history of the universe.

With the headline "NXT Controversy" on the front page, you can find a link to Miz's blog...or you can read it below.

While it's obvious to anyone who isn't a completely jaded mark that Bryan is getting a push off this, Dave Otunga will probably get a ton of chances to become a star.

I'm very excited for this show to start.
I'm already liking this.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »