Home

AEW Dynamite/Collision/Rampage Thread

This is a discussion on AEW Dynamite/Collision/Rampage Thread within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2019, 12:25 AM   #73

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: AEW Dynamite Thread

JR: "she's not being manhandled, she's being womanhandled ... by Nyla Rose."

Sometimes JR's instincts fail him lol.
Old 10-03-2019, 02:01 AM   #74
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
It's a tradeoff. Do it like WWE and it feels like you are cutting to break every 5 minutes and you grow to loath how predictable and drawn out it is. Do it like AEW and it feels weird and abrupt.
I don't mind the abrupt timing they had tonight (better than the predictable WWE cadence) but from a production standpoint I'd make sure to fade to black on the breaks. Some of these were just hard cuts right to ads, which I think made them weirder than they should've been.
Old 10-03-2019, 06:12 AM   #75
All Star

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
Yeah, a lot of great themes in AEW. It's not a weakness.

Oh, are they saving them all for week 2?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2019, 08:47 AM   #76
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Pros: Production is better than their PPVs, I like then win-loss record stuff, i like the different style of prematch intros, They obviously have a roster that can go.

Cons: As pretty much a WWE fan, I know very few of the people on the roster other than the Bucks, Mox, Omega, Jericho, Page, Cody and Pac. After watching both PPVs and this episode, they havent given much when it comes to being interested in other fighters. The only people that have really stood out are MJF and Orange Cassidy.

I'm in the minority but I hate the stage setup and the championship belt.

With that said, I'll be watching next week.
Agreed

Only one who stood out besides the known guys are MJF because he was able to cut a promo. It was a good night of wrestling for sure. Both shows felt more like a showcase but I’ll give the edge to NXT because they were able to establish storylines. Not even sure if that beat down was a formation of a stable or not.
Old 10-03-2019, 08:51 AM   #77
Outback Jesus

OSUFan_88's Arena

OVR: 37

IMO, I wish there was less reliance on ex-WWE/Rhodes Brothers. I understand that you are one of the founders and everything, but I don't like the look of Cody and Dustin coming out and clearing house (until Hager breaks it all up). Makes Jericho, your champion, look weak and I don't like what it's hinting at.

Additionally, I really, really dislike Hager. Like, immensely so. Seems like they just went after a name just to have a "former WWE champion" on the roster. What's the problem with giving Janela or Havoc a chance on the roster? Why give Jack that spot than someone else?

I love Sammy Guevara, though and Cody definitely gave him the rub in the first ever match. Also, the rest of the show was absolutely excellent, other than Pac/Page which just felt too long.

I would say it was an A- show so far. Lots and lots of potential, the production was excellent and the show felt huge compared to NXT. Cannot wait for next week!

Urban Meyer is lol.
Old 10-03-2019, 09:39 AM   #78
Banned

OVR: 27

Recorded this on the DVR since I was watching the Rays/A's Wild Card Game. Will be watching tonight or over the weekend. Looking forward to seeing it. I want something fresh because WWE is stale to me and has been for a very long time. I never watch it anymore because it's not enjoyable.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Old 10-03-2019, 09:43 AM   #79
Hall Of Fame

cima's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUFan_88
IMO, I wish there was less reliance on ex-WWE/Rhodes Brothers. I understand that you are one of the founders and everything, but I don't like the look of Cody and Dustin coming out and clearing house (until Hager breaks it all up). Makes Jericho, your champion, look weak and I don't like what it's hinting at.

Additionally, I really, really dislike Hager. Like, immensely so. Seems like they just went after a name just to have a "former WWE champion" on the roster. What's the problem with giving Janela or Havoc a chance on the roster? Why give Jack that spot than someone else?

I love Sammy Guevara, though and Cody definitely gave him the rub in the first ever match. Also, the rest of the show was absolutely excellent, other than Pac/Page which just felt too long.

I would say it was an A- show so far. Lots and lots of potential, the production was excellent and the show felt huge compared to NXT. Cannot wait for next week!

Hager at least has a presence to him, he towered over everyone else in the ring and he has a legit wrestling background and now a young MMA career. Pretty sure Luchasaurus is the only other guy that may be close to his size.
Old 10-03-2019, 10:09 AM   #80
Outback Jesus

OSUFan_88's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by cima
Hager at least has a presence to him, he towered over everyone else in the ring and he has a legit wrestling background and now a young MMA career. Pretty sure Luchasaurus is the only other guy that may be close to his size.
Also, no Luchasaurus last night

I wish there was more tag team wrestling

Urban Meyer is lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »