Home

WWE 2K15 Roster

This is a discussion on WWE 2K15 Roster within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-02-2014, 08:36 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
WWE 2K15 Roster

Anybody else sick of getting ripped off by 2k? Shouldn't they offer us complete rosters with updates like NBA2k? I'm tired of them using the same business practice as THQ and selling us "downloadable content" that should already be in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2014, 09:00 AM   #2
MVP

woody2goody's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: WWE 2K15 Roster

I don't think we're getting 'completely ripped off'. Far from it. But I do think, whether on disc or DLC, we should get a full WWE roster.

Hopefully though, for following years, they will just add to the models they have already got
Old 11-02-2014, 09:55 AM   #3
Rookie

I buy the game every year and love it but I spend so much time tweaking rosters especially in universe. NBA 2k updates jerseys, shoes and courts, I don't mind paying extra for legends or unlocking everything but standard features found in other sports games should be included.
Old 11-02-2014, 10:30 AM   #4
2014 Dodgeball Champion.

almostbobsaget's Arena

The WWE roster is a forever-evolving realm of characters and feuds. There's absolutely no way they can provide a full roster and release updates like the NBA series. It's always going to be a dated product based essentially on last year's product because of the way the business operates.
Old 11-02-2014, 10:48 AM   #5
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

I could see them update exhibition mode champions, face/heel status, and adjusting ratings based on current pushes...but yeah, there's never going to be the same type of updating as NBA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2014, 11:16 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by almostbobsaget
The WWE roster is a forever-evolving realm of characters and feuds. There's absolutely no way they can provide a full roster and release updates like the NBA series. It's always going to be a dated product based essentially on last year's product because of the way the business operates.
Ambrose & Rollins won't have their new gimmicks, Cena might get a new T-Shirt, I can forgive them for things like that but Paige is on the regular roster, why are they selling her as DLC? I'd pay for Sting as DLC but Paige or any other mid carders they plan to release should be in the game or free download. I don't know how many times a guy I've never heard of before in the NBA, NFL or MLB lights it up or has a big game and I go check my game and there he is, his stats, attributes or hair may not be updated or correct but still there he is on the roster.
Old 11-02-2014, 12:04 PM   #7
MVP

wiscowilz's Arena

OVR: 0

Rosters are usually finalized around WM. Paige didnt debut until the night after WM. As for new gimmicks those were also after WM. I would think they would have been able to render those in though, but oh well. It is their FIRST full WWE game they made. It is also the first game for the current gen gaming systems that they spent A LOT of time working on making it what it can be.

Also like others have said it would be almost impossible to update rosters like in another sports game.
NCAA:Badgers
MLB:Brewers
NBA:Bucks

WWLeague Season 3
wiscowilz World Wrestling League Standings/Champions
Old 11-02-2014, 12:08 PM   #8
2014 Dodgeball Champion.

almostbobsaget's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by game20ver
Ambrose & Rollins won't have their new gimmicks, Cena might get a new T-Shirt, I can forgive them for things like that but Paige is on the regular roster, why are they selling her as DLC? I'd pay for Sting as DLC but Paige or any other mid carders they plan to release should be in the game or free download. I don't know how many times a guy I've never heard of before in the NBA, NFL or MLB lights it up or has a big game and I go check my game and there he is, his stats, attributes or hair may not be updated or correct but still there he is on the roster.
So you'd be okay with them planting one of the midcarders faces (or giving them a generic computer generated face) on an existing model already in the game? Because that's exactly what the NBA 2K series does; if there's a signing and the player wasn't in the game, they either get a quick texture overlay on a generic body or they're given a computer generated generic face and put into the game.

On top of that, the only midcard talent that is part of the DLC that is even remotely relevant anymore is Adam Rose (aside from Paige). I don't see any other DLC characters from the current roster like you're claiming. I'm not high up on the game itself, but I have to give 2K credit for giving us NXT stars Rusev, Dallas, Zayne and Neville because they're either already called up or in the cusp of being called up and gives this year's game more of an edge on being more up-to-date than past releases.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »