Home

WWE 2K14 Attributes Thread

This is a discussion on WWE 2K14 Attributes Thread within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-01-2013, 11:15 AM   #33
Rookie

SoundTheAlarm's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: WWE 2K14 Attributes Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
I sort of posted it and forgot about it last year as I didn't spend much time with last year's game, and unfortunately left a few curious people in the cold; sorry about that!).
Yes, CM Hooe... I'm still shivering over here!! good to see you back again this year. Hope it holds your interest a little longer this time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-02-2013, 07:07 AM   #34
Pro

OVR: 3

Looking forward to it CM Hooe.
Old 11-02-2013, 10:19 AM   #35
MVP

Ice_Cold345's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
I am planning on doing the same style of wrestler re-rates which I performed last year with WWE 13.

There may be one or two of you who remember what I did, but for those who don't: I basically abandoned the default ratings entirely and re-rated every wrestler by assigning him what I felt were the defining traits of the style of his in-ring character. Each trait then corresponded to a particular set of attribute increases, which were applied to base ratings generated from weight class to generate new attributes for each wrestler. The idea was to spread the ratings and make the differences between the wrestlers in the game more pronounced; the median rating for any given category was around 75, with values ranging from 95 (self-imposed cap) to the low 20s in some extreme cases.

If anyone is interested, I can happily share that again once I've got it in a state I'm happy with (and with more explanation as to how it works, as well; I sort of posted it and forgot about it last year as I didn't spend much time with last year's game, and unfortunately left a few curious people in the cold; sorry about that!).
I loved your rosters because of that "class" system each wrestler got, it at least tried to make WWE 13 more playable than it was at many points.
NCAA: Purdue Boilermakers
NASCAR: Ryan Newman

One day, Purdue Men's Basketball and Football will become relevant again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2013, 10:27 AM   #36
Rookie

Buckeyed's Arena

OVR: 6

Does this year's game have the same issue as last year? I recall no matter how low you dropped the rating they could only have as low as 500 "hit points". This created no real seep ratio from the top tier guys because the max was only 750 or so.
Old 11-02-2013, 05:45 PM   #37
MVP

cedwebb's Arena

Ok guys, here is what I am seeing after watching more cpu v cpu matches using the attribute drops I posted earlier plus now taking down the defensive attributes in the same manner and speed in a different manner.

Dropping the defensive attributes is causing the wrestlers to sell more of the moves and act more hurt causing better overall match build up in my opinion. The speed I have dropped all super heavy weights down to under 5, heavy weights to 5-10 based on their initial speed. Cruiser weights to 10-15 and the smallest guys to 15 - 20. To me the lower the speed the better the pace of the match. It just slows things down and that was really my major. Goal with the re ratings. I have yet to see anyone beat anyone that is out of the ordinary.

My last match was a good example of what I am seeing. Taker v Santino. The match went 5 1/2 minutes ending when Taker decided enough was enough. Thus match featured Santino dishing out as much as he could, even cutting open the dead man. Santino gave him everything he had, even hitting his signature and finisher within the short match (was on normal btw). As soon as Taker kicked out of Santino finisher he made real shirt work of him. Taker hit a side suplex followed by his flip clothesline which got a near fall. Right after he dramatic 2 count Taker put him into the tombstone and it was lights out.

This match is a for sure win for Taker in real life and in this match it seemed just the same but also showcased what Santino can do in the ring which is what I am looking for. To be honest it is my opinion that this game is a very good game and it would be harder to mess it up than to not. It is so much improved over last years game in the cpu v cpu matches, it is night and day. I am really pleased with what I have been seeing. No weird cpu antics, no constant throwing guys out to try to hit the OMG moment, none of that stuff. So far just really good A.I. and really great matches.
Old 11-02-2013, 06:01 PM   #38
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedwebb
Ok guys, here is what I am seeing after watching more cpu v cpu matches using the attribute drops I posted earlier plus now taking down the defensive attributes in the same manner and speed in a different manner.

Dropping the defensive attributes is causing the wrestlers to sell more of the moves and act more hurt causing better overall match build up in my opinion. The speed I have dropped all super heavy weights down to under 5, heavy weights to 5-10 based on their initial speed. Cruiser weights to 10-15 and the smallest guys to 15 - 20. To me the lower the speed the better the pace of the match. It just slows things down and that was really my major. Goal with the re ratings. I have yet to see anyone beat anyone that is out of the ordinary.

My last match was a good example of what I am seeing. Taker v Santino. The match went 5 1/2 minutes ending when Taker decided enough was enough. Thus match featured Santino dishing out as much as he could, even cutting open the dead man. Santino gave him everything he had, even hitting his signature and finisher within the short match (was on normal btw). As soon as Taker kicked out of Santino finisher he made real shirt work of him. Taker hit a side suplex followed by his flip clothesline which got a near fall. Right after he dramatic 2 count Taker put him into the tombstone and it was lights out.

This match is a for sure win for Taker in real life and in this match it seemed just the same but also showcased what Santino can do in the ring which is what I am looking for. To be honest it is my opinion that this game is a very good game and it would be harder to mess it up than to not. It is so much improved over last years game in the cpu v cpu matches, it is night and day. I am really pleased with what I have been seeing. No weird cpu antics, no constant throwing guys out to try to hit the OMG moment, none of that stuff. So far just really good A.I. and really great matches.
Did you use the same re-rating method for the speed and defense attributes?
Old 11-02-2013, 06:17 PM   #39
MVP

cedwebb's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven547
Did you use the same re-rating method for the speed and defense attributes?
Defense yes, speed I did 1-5 for Super heavy, 5-10 for heavy, 10-15 for cruiser, 15-20 for smaller. For instance HHH speed is a 80/85 so I put him at 8.
Old 11-02-2013, 06:56 PM   #40
MVP

cedwebb's Arena

Had 3 matches which were awesome and maybe tell you all where this game is at. So I put Bundy v Hart, Hart is rated 67 overall and Bundy a 59. Hart looks better ratings wise but he could not handle the power of Bundy. Hart kicked out on Bundy probably 8 times in this match but Bundy just kept on him and eventual all got the 3 count after 10 min of punishing Brett. Was cool to see the fight in Hart as he just would stay down. The way Bundy had to beat on hart fir 10 min to get the win made this believable for me which is why I thought it was pretty cool. Interesting fact is Bundy has a hit point ratio of 650 to Harts 600.

So the next match I out HHH up against Bundy. This match was HHH taking it to Bundy. He was able to keep Bundy off him and HHH was able to pull off power moves like slamming Bundy where Hart just couldn't do that. HHH gets the win after a great performance. Saw lots of power moves and watching Bundy get slammed by HHH was pretty cool. HHH has a hit point ratio of 650 as well.

Here is the great point for me as it shows that certain match-ups regardless of ratings just in favor of one versus another which really makes match making fun. HHH v Hart - Hart against HHH looked like a different guy and looked way more in his comfort zone than he did v Bundy. Hart was out wrestling HHH for mist if the match really taking the fight to HHH. When HHH was getting beat for the majority of the match he tried to take it outside the ring which just backfired when Hart decided to follow him. Hart went outside and continued to take the fight to HHH and then pile drives him onto the floor. Shortly after re entering the ring HHH put Hart into the pedigree only for Brett to reverse it. Was awesome to see that and shortly after Brett gets the pin.

This game to me is playing an amazing game of cpu v cpu and it is even better when depending on the matchup, guys perform better or worse. This makes the game for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »